Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:08:10 PM EDT
I've seen the single point sling going under the off arm and under the strong arm - which is it?  I appreciate your help (and patience).

John
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:53:31 AM EDT
[#1]
While I am a two point kinda guy (until Jason wins me over, that is), I would think that the sling would go under the off arm.  The whole purpose of the sling is for easy transition, whether it be shoulder to shoulder OR longarm to sidearm.  The weapon should slide to the off-side, allowing access to your sidearm.  If it's under the strong arm, you have two options when dropping the weapon...have it hinder your sidearm or hit you in the nuts...neither one sounds like something I want.

(Edited because I can't hit the right keys this morning...)
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:36:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I appreciate the responses - makes sense that a sling should function to keep your rifle out of the way of your sidearm.  From reading other topics, it looks like the ASP is the best thing in single points right now?  Is that the consensus?  Thanks again!

John
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#5]
The ASP is (from what I am told by those who know such things) is a very sweet piece of equipment.  I am a die-hard two point sling fan, but Jason has a great design and there are a few "operators" who swear by it.  He is also currently designing an endplate specifically for the 1" webbing of the ASP.  It should be on the market very soon.  When the endplate is available, I will have the combo headed my way...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#6]
The ASP is it.  I used to carry with an IDF type two point, and I could slide it around under the weak side, but after getting the ASP it is pretty much what I use now.  As soon as the new endplate comes out I'll pick that up with another ASP.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top