Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2003 8:48:45 AM EDT
Hey all!

I'm waiting on the approved Form 4 to come back on an M-11/9 SMG. I have an AR stock adapter for it and plan to run an M-4 style stock (RRA 6-pos. unmarked). I'd like to use the "offset eyelet" type sling plate (as opposed to the full-length slot like on the GG&G and others) with a single-point sling from GRSC.

I like the idea of the 550 cord interface (middle), as it provides a silent "soft mount" and is about as simple as they come. I question the ability of this setup to support the weight of an SMG on a single point, though. Part of me says if it didn't work, GRSC wouldn't offer it, and that it was designed for MP5s and ARs and so should support the weight of my M-11/9 just fine. Still, I'm concerned about the 550 cord breaking or pulling away from the sling itself. Hearing of others' experiences would be valuable; anyone else use this particular sling setup?

On a side note - I've used the HK-type clips on a single-point sling before; didn't like the noisy metal-on-metal interface, the clip banging into the weapon and damaging the finish, or the possibility of pinching flesh or clothing between the clip and the sling loop. So even though they're a popular choice, they're not an option for me.

Link Posted: 10/8/2003 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 2 GRSC slings. I have one with the quick release snap shackle ( far left) and I have one that uses para cord and the snap shackle. So far the paracord has held up just fine. It is sewed in there pretty good. I doubt that it would fail, but if it did, I'm sure that Ed would replace it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I've put the GRSC CQB sling with the paracord loop on just about every rifle and shotgun I own.  It works very well for my purpose, and they even support the weight of big varmint rifles and my SPR wannabe.  No stress lines, torn seams, stretching or anything else to date.
Sluggo
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top