Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2003 5:31:54 PM EDT
I just installed an LE short stock on my bushy and was also installing a DPMS side sling adapter when I ran into a small problem...
It seems that when you install the sling adapter, you need longer threads on your buffer tube assy. to keep the buffer retaining pin in place, otherwise when you charge the weapon, up pops the pin into your bolt assy.....anyone run into this problem yet?
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:02:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure you installed it right?  I'm not familiar with the design of the short stock, but with a regular fixed stock the plate is installed without removing the buffer tube so it has no effect on this.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:55:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I think I put it on right, because if I slide it down the buffer tube without removing it, there is a gap between the lower receiver and plate.
There is a small indentation pressed into the sling adapter that should fit into the lower and the stock has a protrusion to fit into the plate.  I've been scratching my head on this one. I read somewhere about a thread extension for the buffer tube, but can't find it now.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#3]
[jump]
Well it seems that I was sold an adapter for a collapsable stock and not an A2. Got the right part and installed it today. Two minute job and my single point sling is on......
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool.  I knew something didn't sound right from your original description.  Glad everything worked out.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top