Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/27/2003 3:02:09 AM EDT
Has anybody heard of JP triggers? On their site they seem to be set up for top quality equiptment. Also does anybodyknow if the Jewell trigger will fit into a Colt Mt6700? Thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 9:00:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know what a Mt6700 is but the Jewell will fit into every other manufacture of AR's lowers. I think they make the Colt-spec large hole tiggers too.

Mine sits in an Armalite and adjusted down to 1 pound 0.2 oz. as measured and averaged with a Lyman trigger scale. The thing is surprising light and crisp. They are beautiful and worth the wait and money.

If you can handle the stock fire control assembly installation you can do the Jewell with two extra parts.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:21:13 AM EDT
[#2]
The JP trigger is "single stage" in nature, so if that's your bag then it's a good choice. However, if "two stage" is your thing then the Jewell is the way to go.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 9:56:19 AM EDT
[#3]
On my Jewell I can just barely feel the difference between the first and second stages. The second stage is about an ounce worth of the pull and after working with the normal 5-7 pounds of a stock AR you hardly notice the tiny second stage. There is just the smallest pause as one presses the trigger - it is a press rather than a "pull" - and any movement or near thought causes the hammer to fall.

Of course this weight is totally illegal for most competitions but is really nice on a varmint rifle.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#4]
The JP's are available in both small pin and large pin. While I have both JP's and Jewells, and they are excellent triggers, they are still less than optimal for a self-defense,SHTF gun because of the adjustment screws. The Armalite/RRA two stage and the Accuracy Speaks single stage are better options for your SHTF guns according to Murphy's Law.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top