Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 2:15:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/26/2006 2:30:37 PM EDT by RattlerSkin]
I am in the process of getting an optic for my 16" weapon. It has a LMT upper with DD rails. The upper has a fixed front sight. The problem is this: I would like to get an EOtech 510 or 510AA, but I would also like to get an ACOG, probably the TA01NSN or TA01. I will be building a 20" weapon soon as well and thought about waiting on the ACOG and putting the ACOG on that weapon. Now, I would like to have a higher amount of magnification on the 20" weapon and I want to go with a Leopold or a Schmidt and Bender. So, should I get the ACOG on the 16" and forget about the EOtech or should I get the EOtech 510 or 510AA on the 16" and put the ACOG on the 20"? Also, kind of a seperate question, but does anyone know how the ACOG TA01NSN would handle bullet drop if I did not use 62 grain ammo? The BDC marks on the TA01NSN are designed around the 62 grain round the Marine Corps and SpecOps are using now, so if I dont use that grain ammo, you think the sight would handle significantly different, or should I put on the TA01?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:51:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RattlerSkin:
I am in the process of getting an optic for my 16" weapon. It has a LMT upper with DD rails. The upper has a fixed front sight. The problem is this: I would like to get an EOtech 510 or 510AA, but I would also like to get an ACOG, probably the TA01NSN or TA01. I will be building a 20" weapon soon as well and thought about waiting on the ACOG and putting the ACOG on that weapon. Now, I would like to have a higher amount of magnification on the 20" weapon and I want to go with a Leopold or a Schmidt and Bender. So, should I get the ACOG on the 16" and forget about the EOtech or should I get the EOtech 510 or 510AA on the 16" and put the ACOG on the 20"? Also, kind of a seperate question, but does anyone know how the ACOG TA01NSN would handle bullet drop if I did not use 62 grain ammo? The BDC marks on the TA01NSN are designed around the 62 grain round the Marine Corps and SpecOps are using now, so if I dont use that grain ammo, you think the sight would handle significantly different, or should I put on the TA01?

What are distances you generally shoot at or plan on shooting at with the 16"?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:19:10 PM EDT
the 16" will be around 300 meters or so. I have access to an on-base range that goes to 1000, so I will have the ability to shoot as far as I may want. The 16" will generally be within the 300 range, though.
Top Top