Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 3:49:26 PM EDT
I'm actually JJREA but I'm at Laufenberg's house right now.  But anyways.

Since A1 sights are teh sh-- right now, it'd be nice to know a few things.  Last time we were at the range shooting this rifle:
http://images.snapfish.com/346527385%7Ffp33%3A%3Enu%3D3235%3E%3B76%3E%3A%3B7%3EWSNRCG%3D3233579566967nu0mrj

we did not see a different in impact at 25 and 50 yards between the 2 apertures.  I'm ashamed to say it but in our haste, we didn't shoot at 100 because we did this towards the end.  We had thought we had it figured out the time before when we shot but this time it screwed us up.  So the question is, which is the higher sight? When the ap is folded forward or when it's folded back?  Or more importantly, which is it supposed to be????  

I know forest knows this stuff or anyone else, the info is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:00:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone??
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#2]
bueller?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:39:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought the "L" aperature was the higher sight (for Long range).
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#4]
That sounds good but it doesn't seem to be marked, I just had him check.  Unless, we're just not seeing it.  Thanks though.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top