Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2006 11:44:43 AM EDT
I am new to AR15.com and have a simple question.  I have an ArmaLite M15M4 flat top w/ 20" stainless barrel, two stage jeweled trigger and a Leupold Leupold MARK 4 M3 3.5-10x40.  My question is I would like to mount the scope and have back-up iron sites as well.  What scope rings would you recommend (I have a set of supper high Leupold Mark 4 on back order but could cancel at any time) and what set of sights would you recommend.  I am assuming that the iron sites could be left on the rail above the receiver and the rail attached to the barrel while the scope is also mounted.  And also do they make a mount for my scope that would easily be removed and put back on or am I asking for trouble?  Again, I am very new to this type of weapon and would greatly appreciate any advice.  Thanks.
-Chris
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:08:50 PM EDT
[#1]
LaRue SPR Scope Mount.  Easy on/off, no loss of zero, doesn't need lapping. For a BUIS - the KAC 600M; folds very flat and is can be used to shoot small groups from 200M to 600m.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:10:26 PM EDT
[#2]

OPTICS FAQ threads:

Check out the top of the optics page for the FAQ threads...
It sounds like you want some kind of base-throw arm or a LaRue mount that allows you to take off optics and put them back on without having to really do major sighting-in work. I have a see through riser that holds the POA/POI pretty well when taking off my scope...

I'm sure someone will chime in with some more details.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  I just ordered the LaRue Mount and look forward to using it.  That's why I like AR15.com a wealth of information.  Thanks again!!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top