Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 1:29:35 AM EDT
Just saw this for the millionth time and was wondering; is the reason people can't type EO tech because they are stupid or because they just can't cope with the change of technology from a tubed sight to something without a tube?

It really isn't a rediculous concept-- a reflex sight that doesn't have a tube.

I know that's harshly worded but honestly I don't see people saying ATHINGY in referrence to aimpoints, flippymount for LaRue throwlever, or flipydoodad in referrence to a rear BUIS.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:37:40 AM EDT
Your right, people should have more respect for the EO tech, especially when I see them on a lot of LEO AR's. I use an EO tech and I love it.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:45:56 AM EDT
I love my Eotechs but quite frankly I have a wandering eye and wonder if it really is the best thing for me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:51:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mr45auto:
I love my Eotechs but quite frankly I have a wandering eye and wonder if it really is the best thing for me.

I have wandering eyes, man, that got me in trouble. But not anymore....... Theres only a few things I need, thats my AR, my EOtech, and my lamp. Oh yeah, my AR15.com
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:25:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2006 3:26:54 AM EDT by mini14jac]
I've wondered about that myself.

It is quicker to type "Eotech" than it is to type "Eothingy".

Maybe I'm just too efficient.

Besides, I don't think a manly man should end any word with "-thingy".

Know what I mean.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:56:59 AM EDT
Hey guys, it's EOTech, not EOtech, EO tech or Eotech!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:00:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:40:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2006 8:41:31 AM EDT by Onslaught]
It's my EOTech, I paid for it, I like it, and I can call it an EOThingie if I want to!

Quite frankly, I didn't consider it a derrogatory nickname. I tend to lean more towards the creative and literary side of the thinking spectrum, therefore I get bored reading and writing the same word redundantly, so prefer to use alternate wording whenever available.

It's just another option in the (already brimming) nickname hat, no reason for insults.

Middy, mid, shorty, Dissy, RECCE, SPRbine, Bushy, Oly, LT...

None of those cause me to insinuate anyone's lack of intelligence or intolerance.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:16:12 AM EDT
I like my ARMS 40 flip-a-ma-bob, and my EOThingy.

My Aimpointer ranks 2nd for me.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:23:05 PM EDT
"AFTER SEVERAL YEARS OF USING AIMPOINTS TO GOOD EFFECT, I COULD SEE NOTHING I LIKED ABOUT THE EARLY HOLOSIGHTS.

BUT, EOTECH DESIGN HAS MATURED. MAYBE I HAVE, TOO, JUST A LITTLE. I NOW RUN EOTECH 552'S AS WELL AS AIMPOINTS.

I JUST HATE ADMITTING IT WHEN I AM WRONG ...."

I respect that.

I am probably wrong about the magpul stock. I am just too set in the old Car technology. I need to get used to the magpul it's probably a better stock.

The only problem I see with the EO is that it's so easy to use it's hard to call it training. I mean trying to go from right to left hand and then left hand with the Eo tech to iron sights it makes me feel like I've suddenly crippled myself.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:41:10 PM EDT
I run a Bushy M4gery with an EOThingy and Troy flippy sight.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:49:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PocketG:

Originally Posted By Mr45auto:

I have wandering eyes, man, that got me in trouble. But not anymore....... Theres only a few things I need, thats my AR, my EOtech, and my lamp. Oh yeah, my AR15.com

JERK!

Maybe we should start calling AR15's something like [pirate] arrrrr ten and five's [/pirate]
Top Top