Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 1:42:13 PM EDT
Hey guys, im not about to drop 400$ on an optic because I dont use the gun all that much. With that said, what do you think of this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-patterns-reflex-holo-sight-aimpoint-eotech-red-dot_W0QQitemZ7208506796QQcategoryZ31714QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks..
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:44:59 PM EDT
[#1]
or this one..

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-patterns-reflex-holo-sight-Hakko-eotech-red-dot_W0QQitemZ7208902594QQcategoryZ66827QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#2]
nvm its the same one, just different listing
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the old maxim "You get what you pay for" holds true. You're considering buying an inexpensive imported optic which may or may not be reliable on a real firearm and may not hold zero.

If you're intent on getting a holographic style optic, you'd be best served by getting a reputable name brand such as Bushnell or a used older version of an EO Tech. Either option will be considerably more money than the optic you gave a link to but either optic will be considerably less than $400.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#4]
That looks like one I picked up from CDNN just for grins because it was so cheap - wouldn't even hold zero on a .22 pistol!

IMHO you'd be better served with a $30 BSA from W*M, but YMMV.

Quoted:
... older version of an EO Tech...

+1

Even though I have EOTechs on 3 of my ARs & love them I didn't want to put that much $$$ into a red-dot for my 9mm Storm (which is just for fun), but I wanted something good nonetheless.  I picked up an older EOTech (single-dot, no outer "shield") for around $200 NIB and it works like a charm in that capacity.  It would be fine on an AR that's not going to see heavy use/abuse IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Nope.

Aimpoint.
Eotech.
ACOG.

That is all.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#6]
negative on the sight then...

irons it is.

h.gif
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
negative on the sight then...

irons it is.

Save up, it will take longer, but it's worth it.

That said, nothing worng with irons.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#8]
EOTech's aren't $30, but they aren't $400 either.  I just bought a NIB 512 for $290 from a vendor in the EE.  Well worth the money.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#9]
EOtech all the way
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top