Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2005 1:45:38 PM EDT
Hello all,

I've had my Aimpoint ML2 mounted in Aimpoint's QRP mount for some time and recently got a spacer for it so that I can cowitness it with BUIS.   However, when I got the spacer (used from a friend) I did not get the extended screws that apparently Aimpoint supplies with the spacer from the factory.

After a disappointing trip to the hardware store, I've found that the screw size is some sort of oddball size, perhaps even proprietary.

After Searching Aimpoint's website for information, they don't seem to acknowledge that the QRP even exists, much less tell me what size screws I need to get.

This is getting frustrating rather quickly.  I'd much rather pay $1.35 for 4 cap screws then having to buy another spacer SET for $10, or have to order some proprietary screws online for $6 shipping and handling.

Can anyone help me out here?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Take a screw with you to the hardware store and ask there for some help. A good hardware store clerk should have a thread gage and know how to use it. I can’t imagine Aimpoint making up their own thread pitch.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#2]
You won't find the right size screw. It is a goofy metric size. Your best bet is to contact Aimpoint directly, if you are nice and polite they will send you a couple screws free of charge. Happy New Year!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Good idea!   I had taken one of the original screws to the hardware store earlier today to find out that no size they had was anywhere near what the aimpoint screw was.  I'll shoot Aimpoint an e-mail and perhaps they will be benevolent
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Retap it with a generic thread?  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Retap it with a generic thread?  

Thought about that, I have the tools and  know how, but I'm gonna see if I can get the correct screw before I go modifying things
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:03:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You won't find the right size screw. It is a goofy metric size.

Damn Swedes.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I'm impressed.  Aimpoint's Director of Commercial Sales just responded to my e-mail (On a sunday night, on a holiday weekend!!)  and is going to send the screws out promptly.

Something like 4 screws may seem like a little insignificant thing, but customer service like this will keep me coming back for years.  Kudos to Aimpoint.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top