Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/16/2003 5:29:13 PM EDT
I'm thinking of putting an EoTech on a flat top, do i need a riser of sorts to get my optics above the front sight post?

well.. i might as well beat the dead horse here some more...  for strictly CQB purposes is EoTech the way to go?

thanks for all the help guys, youre great.

Dagger
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:34:04 AM EDT
[#1]
You don't need a riser..your eyes will quickly learn to ignore the front sight post.

EO's are awesome for close-in AND further out. It's just a matter of practicing w/ it, getting it dialed in where you are comfortable and hitting the targets [:)]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:56:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree with Green... If your looking at your target and not the sight, you wont really notice the front post. One good feature of having it their, especially for longer shots, is that you can use the front post as an anti cant device.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:43:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a 552 on my Colt6920 and it is wicked fast at close range. You don't even notice the post. At long range that 1moa dot is hard to beat. I had another 552 on my Bushmaster until a buddy just HAD to have the rifle. Now I have an extra 552.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks for all the info guys, and i got your email Dan, thanks again.

Dagger
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top