Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2003 3:15:41 AM EDT
I have always liked Trijicon Products. Presently own a TA-11 and TA-31, both with the donut reticle. Had a TA01-NSN. All of the shooting I do is under 300 yards. I want to try out a compact ACOG for one of my flattop carbines.

My thinking is to get a 1.5X or 2X with an amber triangle. I figure the magnification will help and the triangle can be used for range estimation, something my M2s and 552 can't do. Anything more than 2X, I might as well buy another TA-31, which I do not want to do.

Anyone want to add to the pros and cons to my thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 5:03:58 AM EDT
I've got 1.5 with a red triangle and really like it...the range I shoot at goes to just 200 yds and it's just great there... I used to have one with 3.5 or 4(I forget)...and an amber triangle... but the magnification was just too high for me anyway when shooting targets under 75 yards
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 5:58:22 AM EDT
FALbert, your on the same wavelength as me. When I got the Comp ACOG, I wanted the 2x triangle reticle as well. For all the same reasons you stated. I felt the cross hair reticle was too fine and the donut lacked the fine aiming point of the triangle. I felt 1.5x was too little magnification and while 3x would have been nice, the eye relief was the same as the 4x and less than the 3.5x. So I went right in the middle with 2x triangle and couldnt be happier. Enough magnification, good eye relief, quick reticle with a fine aiming point, what more could I want!
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 2:04:19 PM EDT
New-arguy... how do you have your compact ACOG mounted???
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 2:28:34 PM EDT
Like this.... [img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/pd0d726c5603487d91e001c805e494843/fb86f0fc.jpg[/img] PS, thats not me, its a friend of mine shooting my lightweight rifle.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:27:37 PM EDT
I had a chance to look through a 3X Compact ACOG with a crosshair retical today. It was a very nice scope, more pratical than my TA01, but it appeared to have a very narrow FOV.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 8:12:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2003 8:13:34 PM EDT by tatjana]
3x24 compact (crosshairs) on a Bushmaster flattop 16" I never have eye relief problems though perhaps because my face is small and I get a good cheekweld even right up to the scope with my nose on the charging handle. I actually prefer the 3x magnification and don't think it's at all "too much." I have no problem at all lighting up targets with great accuracy in snap shots at 0-7 meters and out to 300 I can put rounds in COM reliably. With the BAC snap shots are such a breeze. I can usually beat the rest of the line (non acog users) with my first round at 7 meters. Bring the weapon up- bang. I couldn't ask for anything better.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 1:59:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/25/2003 2:06:19 AM EDT by M4C]
My experience is much like Tatjana's. After much [excruciating] indecision for many months, I finally settled on the 3x24 Red Triangle to mount on my 16" A2 Carbine. I'm soooo glad I'm satisfied with my choice of C/ACOG. Eye relief is not bad for me. I can work well with it. Once mounted and sighted-in, my first thought was, [i]now this is shooting with class!!![/i] These little buggers really work well!
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:27:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By tatjana: 3x24 compact (crosshairs) on a Bushmaster flattop 16" I never have eye relief problems though perhaps because my face is small and I get a good cheekweld even right up to the scope with my nose on the charging handle. I actually prefer the 3x magnification and don't think it's at all "too much." I have no problem at all lighting up targets with great accuracy in snap shots at 0-7 meters and out to 300 I can put rounds in COM reliably. With the BAC snap shots are such a breeze. I can usually beat the rest of the line (non acog users) with my first round at 7 meters. Bring the weapon up- bang. I couldn't ask for anything better.
View Quote
Its so great to see new posts from tatjana!! I, arrogantly, speak for all here!!
Top Top