Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2003 3:15:41 AM EDT
I have always liked Trijicon Products.  Presently own a TA-11 and TA-31, both with the donut reticle.  Had a TA01-NSN.  All of the shooting I do is under 300 yards.  I want to try out a compact ACOG for one of my flattop carbines.

My thinking is to get a 1.5X or 2X with an amber triangle.  I figure the magnification will help and the triangle can be used for range estimation, something my M2s and 552 can't do.  Anything more than 2X, I might as well buy another TA-31, which I do not want to do.

Anyone want to add to the pros and cons to my thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 5:03:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got 1.5 with a red triangle and really like it...the range I shoot at goes to just 200 yds and it's just great there... I used to have one with 3.5 or 4(I forget)...and an amber triangle...
but the magnification was just too high for me anyway when shooting targets under 75 yards
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 5:58:22 AM EDT
[#2]
FALbert, your on the same wavelength as me. When I got the Comp ACOG, I wanted the 2x triangle reticle as well. For all the same reasons you stated. I felt the cross hair reticle was too fine and the donut lacked the fine aiming point of the triangle. I felt 1.5x was too little magnification and while 3x would have been nice, the eye relief was the same as the 4x and less than the 3.5x. So I went right in the middle with 2x triangle and couldnt be happier. Enough magnification, good eye relief, quick reticle with a fine aiming point, what more could I want!
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#3]
New-arguy... how do you have your compact ACOG mounted???
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Like this....

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/pd0d726c5603487d91e001c805e494843/fb86f0fc.jpg[/img]

PS, thats not me, its a friend of mine shooting my lightweight rifle.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a chance to look through a 3X Compact ACOG with a crosshair retical today. It was a very nice scope, more pratical than my TA01, but it appeared to have a very narrow FOV.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#6]
3x24 compact (crosshairs) on a Bushmaster flattop 16"

I never have eye relief problems though perhaps because my face is small and I get a good cheekweld even right up to the scope with my nose on the charging handle.

I actually prefer the 3x magnification and don't think it's at all "too much."  I have no problem at all lighting up targets with great accuracy in snap shots at 0-7 meters and out to 300 I can put rounds in COM reliably.

With the BAC snap shots are such a breeze.  I can usually beat the rest of the line (non acog users) with my first round at 7 meters.

Bring the weapon up- bang.

I couldn't ask for anything better.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 1:59:14 AM EDT
[#7]
My experience is much like Tatjana's.
After much [excruciating] indecision for many  months, I finally settled on the 3x24 Red Triangle to mount on my 16" A2 Carbine.
I'm soooo glad I'm satisfied with my choice of C/ACOG.

Eye relief is not bad for me. I can work well with it.

Once mounted and sighted-in, my first thought was, [i]now this is shooting with class!!![/i]
These little buggers really work well!
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:27:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
3x24 compact (crosshairs) on a Bushmaster flattop 16"

I never have eye relief problems though perhaps because my face is small and I get a good cheekweld even right up to the scope with my nose on the charging handle.

I actually prefer the 3x magnification and don't think it's at all "too much."  I have no problem at all lighting up targets with great accuracy in snap shots at 0-7 meters and out to 300 I can put rounds in COM reliably.

With the BAC snap shots are such a breeze.  I can usually beat the rest of the line (non acog users) with my first round at 7 meters.

Bring the weapon up- bang.

I couldn't ask for anything better.
View Quote

Its so great to see new posts from tatjana!!
I, arrogantly, speak for all here!!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top