Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2003 10:38:31 AM EDT
Ok I orderded the EOTECH 551 A65D ON THE SPECIAL LISTED HERE 289.99 . ANY SUGESTIONS ON THE BATTERY ISSUE ?THE PRICE SEAMED GOOD ,IS THERE A WAY TO CONVERT TO AA BATTERYS? I REALY WANTED THE ACOG BUT THE PRICE WAS TOO MUCH [for me] I WILL GET ONE SONER OR LATER BUT FOR NOW THIS WILL HAVE TO DO .
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ok I orderded the EOTECH 551 A65D ON THE SPECIAL LISTED HERE 289.99 . ANY SUGESTIONS ON THE BATTERY ISSUE ?THE PRICE SEAMED GOOD ,IS THERE A WAY TO CONVERT TO AA BATTERYS? I REALY WANTED THE ACOG BUT THE PRICE WAS TOO MUCH [for me] I WILL GET ONE SONER OR LATER BUT FOR NOW THIS WILL HAVE TO DO .
View Quote

First, please watch the caps. Typing in all caps IS LIKE YELLING!!! Now that that's out of the way, on to your question.

There is no way to convert an EO Tech that uses "N" batteries to use "AA" batteries. That's like asking to change a chicken into a cow. It ain't gonna happen short of a miracle from God. If you wanted a "AA" model, you really should have purchased one. The AA models aren't that much more money. If you purchase something based purely upon your budget, then you get what you get. If you really want a "AA" model, you should see if you can change/cancel your order.

BTW, is there some other reason why you purchased the "N" battery model beside price? How much research did you do on the different EO Tech models before making your purchase?
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 11:36:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the smaller size and weight of the 551 and the less weight that far foward the better .i wonder if i could put extra batterys in the pistol grip ,is there a end cap for one for storage? and yes the price made a differance,I have too many hobies and never enough money .
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, I won't debate the benefits of the "AA" models over the "N" models. It seems that you have done your research.

As far as battery storage goes, I know there are some grip plugs you can get that would allow you to stow some batteries in there. But, by far, the best option for storing batteries in the grip would have to be the [url=www.tangodownllc.com]Battle Grip[/url]. I'm not intimately familiar with "N" batteries so you should verify that the Battle Grip will be large enough to a them. I just bought one for my AR-15 for stashing a couple of spare "AA"s for my EO Tech.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Battlegrip by [url]www.tangodownllc.com[/url] will accept the N cell batteries or the AA batteries in the watertight compartment.  best grip on the market. IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I also ordered the EoTech thru the spechal.

While I liked the battery life of the AA's moire, I also like the size of the N's better. So it was a toss up for me.

At 100 hrs per battery thats 4 days on. Not to shaby. I don't have the battle grip (nice link btw thanks!) I did pick up a rubber plug for the stock A2 grip. Water tight and acts the same way. I also kept the standard stock for my AR, so theres that compartment as well. Lots o storage on an AR.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top