Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/6/2003 3:37:39 PM EDT
I picked up a 10x40mm, mil dot Bushnell Elite 3200 for pretty damn cheap, nib.  It looks nice and clear and is a pretty nice little scope.  I was wondering if anyone knew anything about them or are they prone to fall apart without warning.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I work at Gander Mountain and have never seen any get returned. However, for the $, a Leupold is a LOT better. But since you got a honey of a deal, roll with it!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:15:15 AM EDT
[#2]
yoyo

if it is the scope that i have seen at the gun shows it runs for under 200. and it isnt a bad scope i have seen a couple of them at the range and they are clear its a good deal for the price i plan on picking one up myself soon
good luck..

vinniedablade
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#3]
For $150 at Natchez, you can't beat it!

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a couple of the 4200 series scopes that are really outstanding. I like them better than the Vari-X III.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:48:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I've heard nothing but just outstanding comments about the Bushnell Elite series.  Actually, I'm looking at the 4200 4-16 OR 6-24 a the current time.  I was into possibly burris or nikon, but after a long discussion with the Optics person at Cabela's, he made a believer out of me.  Only problem is, I was at the Kansas City Cabela's and we know where those scopes are made, overland park (kansas city).  At the same token, he was very convincing.  And the price is VERY decent for a premium scope, although many would pick Leupold first, as I probably would as well, you will find that most comparable models from Bushnell are AT LEAST $150 cheaper, many about $300.  

Anyway, back to the subject.  I've heard they are an excellent scope from a wide range of people who should know, I myself, have yet to get one for myself, but that should change in about a month.  Hope this helps

Gundraw
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:47:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Actually, I'm looking at the 4200 4-16 OR 6-24 a the current time.  
View Quote

I've got the 6x24 with mildots and a 4x16x50. You won't go wrong with either. Both have target knobs and 1/8 MOA adjustments, come with sunshades and caps. A great value.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:49:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm currently in the process of beating up on the 10x Mildot Elite 3200, it's mounted on  my 300WinMag and seems to be goin strong.

Unfortunately I've had to use up a good portion of it's elevation just to get it sighted in but I think it might be more mount related than scope related.   Will test that eventually once I get my Badger Ord. rings and bases to see whether or not I get any additional elevation beyond what I expect from a 20MOA tapered base.

I bought the scope just so I could get a bit of exposure and practice with the mildot system before eventually getting something nicer.   But for what I paid, the 10x Tactical is a NICE little scope.    Once I get a nicer scope for my 300WinMag, the 10x Tactical is going to go on my 20inch AR15 to be used as a spotter's rifle.

I haven't had a chance to really put the 10x through it's paces yet, I have been meaning to test the mechanical accuracy of the turrets to see if they are consistent, repeatable, and as advertised at 1/4MOA adjustment.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:03:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Is there a sunshade available for this scope?  I am thinking of maybe putting one on the SEBR till I get funds for a Mark 4.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top