Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/4/2003 6:40:22 PM EDT
I bought a site from the EE about 2-3 weeks ago.   I put it on an upper and sighted in.  No problems.

I took the gun to the field a couple days ago.  I turned on the sight, saw the red dot, increased the power and *poof* no dot.

Hmmm...?

I replaced the battery!

Woo-hoo!  I have a red dot again.  I adjusted the brightness and *poof* no sight.

Damn.

Now what?  It seems to have some kind of short in it.  Anyone know how to fix these things?  Loose IC chip? Rust inside?  

Advice?

TRG
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:08:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Best thing to do is return it to ATN. Wonder if the guy who sold it knew this as well? Hmmmm.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:16:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a similar problem with mine, maybe this will work for you.  In the battery compartment, there is a threaded ring that tightens the brighteness dial up.  Mine came loose, and the reticle would disappear.  I don't know if this applies to the new digital ATN's, havent seen them.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I had a similar problem with mine, maybe this will work for you.  In the battery compartment, there is a threaded ring that tightens the brighteness dial up.  Mine came loose, and the reticle would disappear.  I don't know if this applies to the new digital ATN's, havent seen them.  
View Quote

WooHoo!

You are the Man!  The ring was loose.  I tightened it up and it works like a top!

If you will send me your address via IM I will send you a 'Thank you' USGI 30 round AR15 magazine.  I'll pay shipping as well.

TRG
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top