Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/4/2003 6:40:22 PM EDT
I bought a site from the EE about 2-3 weeks ago. I put it on an upper and sighted in. No problems.

I took the gun to the field a couple days ago. I turned on the sight, saw the red dot, increased the power and *poof* no dot.

Hmmm...?

I replaced the battery!

Woo-hoo! I have a red dot again. I adjusted the brightness and *poof* no sight.

Damn.

Now what? It seems to have some kind of short in it. Anyone know how to fix these things? Loose IC chip? Rust inside?

Advice?

TRG
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:08:16 AM EDT
Best thing to do is return it to ATN. Wonder if the guy who sold it knew this as well? Hmmmm.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:16:55 AM EDT
I had a similar problem with mine, maybe this will work for you. In the battery compartment, there is a threaded ring that tightens the brighteness dial up. Mine came loose, and the reticle would disappear. I don't know if this applies to the new digital ATN's, havent seen them.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:23:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cgoret: I had a similar problem with mine, maybe this will work for you. In the battery compartment, there is a threaded ring that tightens the brighteness dial up. Mine came loose, and the reticle would disappear. I don't know if this applies to the new digital ATN's, havent seen them.
View Quote
WooHoo! You are the Man! The ring was loose. I tightened it up and it works like a top! If you will send me your address via IM I will send you a 'Thank you' USGI 30 round AR15 magazine. I'll pay shipping as well. TRG
Top Top