Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/7/2003 3:53:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/7/2003 3:59:12 PM EDT by SULACO2]
W/ an aimpoint m2 equipped 16", adj. stock Pre, nose to charging handle, proper cheek weld, I see a red reflection, from the 9 to the 6 pos., clearly, when front lens cap closed,scope on or off.
W/ the cover open I get some ghosting of the same red shape. More so when muzzle covers a darker area.
W/ cover closed if I move my cheek weld over toward the 3 pos. the reflection becomes red miror-"ish". W/ cover opened, it again becomes slightly more visible Is this common/normal or is there a problem? Never experienced this w/ my "M" model.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:23:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/7/2003 4:24:38 PM EDT by mrcr0603]
I believe I have the same as you on my two new M2's. It's an intermittent occurrence that depends on the lighting and angle of my cheekweld. Also, I don't see it if I'm outside. It looks like it's the exact opposite side from where the dot is projected, a reflection of that. Having the dot intensity set too high also contributes to this. I haven't had a chance to fire my AR's with the Aimpoint's, but it doesn't happen enough for me to be concerned about it. Chris
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:27:59 PM EDT
Only time I noticed it was when I had a STRONG source of light from my 5 o'clock.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:20:41 PM EDT
SULACO2, You have a Comp M2, correct? AFAIK this model does not have an off position on the intensity switch, unlike the Comp ML2. Could you be seeing a residual glow on the lowest setting, because the unit is still on? Just asking!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:36:39 AM EDT
Mine dose the same thing in artificial light. Worse when the light is behind you. Never had a problem outdoors or inside when light is consistant. I adjust cheek weld temp. when it occurs.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:04:46 AM EDT
SULACO2, just sent you private mail. ICU
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:03:12 PM EDT
McBoingBoing616- not sure I'm still investigating, cause and/or abnormalitie. ICU- thanks for the e-mail I posed the Q to aimpoint I'll let you know what they say. To all, thanks -S2.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:48:37 AM EDT
To those concerned and those that offered assistance, this was Aimpoint's response: This reflection is infact a defect. The reflection is coming off of the diode housing. It usually causes a distinctive line in certain light conditions.Probably the best way to solve this problem, would be to have you send the sight to me, along with description of problem, contact information, and any warranty information that you may have, ie.proof of purchase. I will do a replacement warranty for you. Unfortunately we are out of stock of the M2's. We are expecting a shipment in about two weeks. Kind regards, Paul Needham Technical Support Aimpoint Inc. 3989 Hwy 62 W. Berryville, AR. 72616 1-877-246-7646 There might be others out there experiencing this problem thinking its normal. Give a call to put your mind at ease. FYI, -Sul2
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:15:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:18:08 PM EDT
I got two of them. What are the odds?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:13:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/17/2003 3:27:47 AM EDT by mrcr0603]
Originally Posted By ICU: I got two of them. What are the odds?
View Quote
I've also got two M2's, brand-new and very recently purchased, and feel the same way. [>:/] It's good though that Aimpoint does back up its product. Chris
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:40:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By PaulE: Any Aimpoint will show a red hazy glare when backlit, especially by a flourescent light source. That is why many notice this indoors but not outdoors. (It is also noticeable if you are outside early morning or late afternoon with the sun behind you).
View Quote
Paul .... This is Chris, active-duty in Korea, with the two M2's that I just purchased from you. When this occurs, especially under the flourescents like you mentioned, I do see a line. What are the friggin' odds that BOTH of these, with pretty close serial numbers, would have a problem? I'll have to do the check you mentioned when I get them out of the Arms Room. Chris
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:50:48 AM EDT
Guys, mine does it as well, BUT ONLY WHEN BACKLIT. It is just a relection from an exterior light source behind the scope like PaulE says. I'd hate to see everyone send their scopes in only to have them returned with a note saying they passed Aimpoint's inspection.
Top Top