Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 5:55:17 AM EDT
Am I missing something? I was buying some magazines recently for my new AR and the sales guy goes to a lot of trouble to explain that theses have black followers instead of green? He said it like it was something significant. I didn't want to seem stupid so I just smiled like he had done me a favor. Is there any difference or is it like the amps that go to "11" in "This is Spinal Tap"?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:51:55 AM EDT
[#1]
he certainly wasn't doing you a favor,.  The old black followers are not anti tilt, they are missing the extended leg.  The green ones are anti tilt and have the extended leg.  A lot of times the black ones work just fine but I would change them out for the green ones anyway
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:05:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:08:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Orange is the same as green.  Really not that big of a deal, just get some green or orange and replace the balck ones.  They are pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I had the colors backwards. I got green instead of black. So he did do me a favor I guess. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I upgraded a few AR magazines I had with Magpul Enhanced Followers (Gen 1) and I took the liberty of picturing them for a comparison for all you AR owners:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/Sablelieger/Others/DSC03277.jpg
Left: 1st Gen Black Followers
Center: 2nd Gen Green Followers
Right: 1st Gen CB Magpul Enhanced Followers

The black ones tilt back and forth like crazy, the green ones don't tilt that much, but still do and the Magpul don't tilt at all, period! Obviously, I bought the 1st Gen followers in Coyote Brown and did not bother to wait a little more for the 2nd Gen ones.

http://www.bizplaces.com/magpul/images/Products/of2.jpg
These are the Second Gen ones, in Range Orange, Subdued Gray also available.

I truly love the Magpul followers, they are awesome; all my mags need now are the Magpul L-Plates, that way they will fit inside my RACK Chest Rig and use them both on my military training and on my visits to the range.

Woo-Hoo! TIme to go play
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool! Thanks for the picture. Made the concept easy to understand. Guess my green ones are coming out!hug.gif
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top