Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2003 10:51:49 PM EDT
Picked up a used pre-ban sanchez mag at a gun show for cheap but when i got home i noticed a small crack behind each of the feeding lips. Is this fixable?
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately no.

Link Posted: 8/23/2003 11:14:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking of using a small ammount of some solvent like JB Weld after bending the lips back into place.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 2:54:43 AM EDT
[#3]
You can think of a lot of things, they just won't work. Best is to weld the cracks and grind them smooth, but they'll just crack out again shortly. Use it as a range mag until it becomes unreliable and then toss it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You can think of a lot of things, they just won't work. Best is to weld the cracks and grind them smooth, but they'll just crack out again shortly. Use it as a range mag until it becomes unreliable and then toss it.
View Quote

Or buy a replacement teflon mag body for it from CMMG in the EE mag section for $12.95
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 1:47:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I used some JB weld in the inner corners of the mag and it seems to be holding. This mag will just be used at the range and not loaded until ready to fire.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 1:49:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Or buy a replacement teflon mag body for it from CMMG in the EE mag section for $12.95
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Or buy a replacement teflon mag body for it from CMMG in the EE mag section for $12.95[/quote]

I looked at that and considered it as an option, but it costs almost $20 for one body after shipping. It would be worth it if I needed several, but at that price,I would just trash it and get another mag. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top