Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/7/2003 10:20:26 AM EDT
How do you identify pre-ban magazines? I'm having trouble linking to the Mag FAQ in this forum. Thanks,
L'man
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:27:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/7/2003 10:29:54 AM EDT by ZRH]
Pre-Ban mags have no date/restriced markings on them. Post ban mags will have "Law Enforcement Only" or "Restricted Government Use Only" written on them along with a date code. Here are some pics of Post-Ban mags [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=148623[/url] Its pretty hard to get post ban mags by accident anyway. Generally if they arent marked and they are being advertised as pre-ban they are OK to buy. Hope I could help, Zach
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:55:05 AM EDT
Thanks Zach, that's what I needed to know. L'man [50]
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:41:36 PM EDT
libertyman777- The above is correct, "post" mags have the date stamped on them. After 9/94 and your a NoGo. But, not all posts, have the leo/mil. restrictions on them. I think its CENTER, that didn't add the LEO/Mil. warning until later into the post ban years. I know someone did, I think its Center, so be careful. Also, I think some "pre's" have a date on them, and a "CAGE CODE", the cage code ID's the maker, so be careful not to confuse the cage code, (too many 3's anyway) and a date. Also just cause there's "A" date doesn'y make it a post mag, check the date, its gotta be a post ban date, to be no good. Lots o' luck, S2
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:51:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SULACO2: libertyman777- The above is correct, "post" mags have the date stamped on them. After 9/94 and your a NoGo. But, not all posts, have the leo/mil. restrictions on them. I think its CENTER, that didn't add the LEO/Mil. warning until later into the post ban years. I know someone did, I think its Center, so be careful. Also, I think some "pre's" have a date on them, and a "CAGE CODE", the cage code ID's the maker, so be careful not to confuse the cage code, (too many 3's anyway) and a date. Also just cause there's "A" date doesn'y make it a post mag, check the date, its gotta be a post ban date, to be no good. Lots o' luck, S2
View Quote
Correct, Center AND Bushmaster did not stamp the warning, only a date on their post ban magazines until recently.
Top Top