Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/7/2003 10:20:26 AM EDT
How do you identify pre-ban magazines?  I'm having trouble linking to the Mag FAQ in this forum.  Thanks,
L'man
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:27:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Pre-Ban mags have no date/restriced markings on them. Post ban mags will have "Law Enforcement Only" or "Restricted Government Use Only" written on them along with a date code. Here are some pics of Post-Ban mags [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=148623[/url]

Its pretty hard to get post ban mags by accident anyway. Generally if they arent marked and they are being advertised as pre-ban they are OK to buy.

Hope I could help,

Zach
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Zach, that's what I needed to know.  
L'man
[50]
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#3]
libertyman777-
The above is correct, "post" mags have the date stamped on them.  After 9/94 and your a NoGo.

But, not all posts, have the leo/mil. restrictions on them.  I think its CENTER, that didn't add the LEO/Mil. warning until later into the post ban years.  I know someone did, I think its Center, so be careful.  Also, I think some "pre's" have a date on them, and a "CAGE CODE", the cage code ID's the maker, so be careful not to confuse the cage code, (too many 3's anyway) and a date.  Also just cause there's "A" date doesn'y make it a post mag, check the date, its gotta be a post ban date, to be no good.  Lots o' luck, S2
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
libertyman777-
The above is correct, "post" mags have the date stamped on them.  After 9/94 and your a NoGo.

But, not all posts, have the leo/mil. restrictions on them.  I think its CENTER, that didn't add the LEO/Mil. warning until later into the post ban years.  I know someone did, I think its Center, so be careful.  Also, I think some "pre's" have a date on them, and a "CAGE CODE", the cage code ID's the maker, so be careful not to confuse the cage code, (too many 3's anyway) and a date.  Also just cause there's "A" date doesn'y make it a post mag, check the date, its gotta be a post ban date, to be no good.  Lots o' luck, S2
View Quote

Correct,

Center AND Bushmaster did not stamp the warning, only a date on their post ban magazines until recently.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top