Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/10/2011 11:55:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By InfiniteGrim:
Since when is there is a 75gr SMK?

I don't load them, I just shoot them. Most likely a typo and should be 77gr.

-Cody
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Great work Cody, and I applaud and thank you for your effort and accomplishment.

I was pleasently surprised to see the PMC Bronze at 3200 fps and average at 1.5" with nothing larger than that and some groups smaller. For the cost of about $5.99 a box on sale at Cabela's I am very happy with it. It still carries the old and untrue stigma of being underpowered and slow from years ago. I believe it to be the sleeper in performance for the value...I have shot a bunch and will continue to buy it when on sale. For anyone that has not tried it I highly recommend it.....<><....:)
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 12:28:41 PM EDT
[#3]
This is informative. A nice variety of different bullet weights and types out of a 1:8 barrel. Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 8:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Great stuff!! Thanks
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 9:52:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tx318] [#5]
I use that D.R.S ammo and I get good groups out of it to with my Bushy M-4 Patrolman  at 100 yrds .Their is 5 shots and one of them went through the same hole
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks great info and I am sure you saved a lot of people a lot of cash
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice job!

Thank you for posting that, you saved me from ALOT more research!
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome, thank you again for this post!

Ben
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn...nice job.  Thanks.  Must have been pretty time consuming.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 11:08:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I am new to the AR platform.  This is very helpful.  Thank you for all the hard work.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 11:26:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tojan19:
I think a mod needs to tack this one. Great review. Thanks a lot for putting that together.
View Quote

+1

I'm shocked at how well the PMC bronze did - gonna have to buy a case of that.  Also surprised at 55gr AE vs Winchester white.  My rifle prints OK with AE but WInchester is all over the place.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Is there something I need to do to view the photos? I'm getting foggy with advertisement overlay
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:32:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eric802] [#13]
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Eric802:

No, unfortunately the original post is over 10 years old and the pics were hosted on Photobucket back when it was free.  Unless the OP can go back and host the pics somewhere else, Photobucket has ruined this for us.

Looks like the OP hasn't posted here in 5 years, so this one is probably toast. I'm going to let it drop into the archives.
View Quote
The pics in the OP show fine for me
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 12:23:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Happy2shoot] [#16]
If the pictures show up for you and you can read the cards in the pictures could you download them and email them to Eric802 and have him host them on ar15.com?

There is a ton of lost info in this post.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Eric802:

No kidding?  Weird. I'm getting that blurred out photobucket thing.  Do you have a paid account with photobucket or something? Wonder why they're showing up for you.  I'll keep it out of the archives if people can still see the pics.
View Quote
Nope, I don't have a Photobucket account at all
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#18]
For what it's worth, they're all blurred to me...

Forrest
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 3:31:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Cody,
Clearly there was quite a bit of shooter error involved in the testing.  As a benchrest shooter I can tell you that there is a direct correlation between rate of twist of the barrel, bullet weight, bullet ogive and OACL (in benchrest seating depth into or back of the lands).  In reviewing the test results there never appears to be a clear differention in results between bullet weights as there should be.  Your front rest may have been the problem that lead to the results.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AZ10X:
Cody,
Clearly there was quite a bit of shooter error involved in the testing.  As a benchrest shooter I can tell you that there is a direct correlation between rate of twist of the barrel, bullet weight, bullet ogive and OACL (in benchrest seating depth into or back of the lands).  In reviewing the test results there never appears to be a clear differention in results between bullet weights as there should be.  Your front rest may have been the problem that lead to the results.
View Quote

Wait, you're saying that the groups are too consistently good, so there must have been 'quite a bit of shooter error' in the testing?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top