Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 5:12:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/11/2006 5:19:37 PM EDT by FALARAK]
I fired a bunch today.

All went bang, performed 100% reliable. May not look pretty, but it appears to work.

Averaged 3252FPS from a 20" rifle, right where M193 should be.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=273003
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:57:53 PM EDT
Falarak--Would you recommend this stuff for long term storage, SHTF ammo?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:19:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/11/2006 7:19:52 PM EDT by FALARAK]

Originally Posted By defenderhome:

Hmmmm.... that's a tough one. If it were clean, and ran well (tested) in *your* rifle, then yes, I would.

I always prefer new production, known storage history ammo for my long term storage.... and I would not store ammo for the long term that had lots of corrosion/oxidation already on the cases.

However, on the Guatemalan that is clean, thus far, I would have no issues putting it back for a "rainy day".

Of course, it needs more testing, and I am far from an expert in these matters.

That said, I bought 10k of the stuff. I plan on shooting it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:04:15 AM EDT
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:06:41 AM EDT
NO
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:43:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2006 7:45:14 AM EDT by ar_mcadams]

Originally Posted By FALARAK:

Originally Posted By defenderhome:

Hmmmm.... that's a tough one. If it were clean, and ran well (tested) in *your* rifle, then yes, I would.

I always prefer new production, known storage history ammo for my long term storage.... and I would not store ammo for the long term that had lots of corrosion/oxidation already on the cases.

However, on the Guatemalan that is clean, thus far, I would have no issues putting it back for a "rainy day".

Of course, it needs more testing, and I am far from an expert in these matters.

That said, I bought 10k of the stuff. I plan on shooting it.

Jeeesss, 10k plus all that reloading you do. You must really shoot the shit out of stuff.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:34:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ar_mcadams:
Jeeesss, 10k plus all that reloading you do. You must really shoot the shit out of stuff.

I really mostly reload .45ACP, and then single stage .308 and .223 for extreme accuracy. If I shoot 1000 rounds a year of either .223 or .308 reloads, that is a LOT.

But I do shoot a lot of practice rounds, when in 3gun, classes, or just plinking. I would shoot Wolf russian cheap stuff, but I get failures from time to time because it is so underpowered. So - this was the best deal going for the money, for practice ammunition. Ammo is getting more and more expensive, and finding a case of anything decent under $200 delivered/tax/whatever, is just getting more and more rare.
Top Top