Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/7/2006 6:07:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:18:40 AM EDT
I use Wu's Surplus. Great service and good prices.

www.angelfire.com/on2/PandaWeb/wupage.html

CSP
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:01:52 AM EDT
Avoid the stuff from New River Salvage (advertised for years in the back of Shotgun News). I used to live by that place, and they leave the stuff sitting out in the yard exposed to the elements. I purchased several hundred of them, sight unseen, and they were nasty and corroded.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:21:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:30:46 AM EDT
+1 WU`S

OR buy from ammoman and get the LC M855 and all!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:16:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:30:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/9/2006 2:29:24 AM EDT by steven1513]
AmmunitionStore.com is the best if you need ammo at the same time. If you only need clips and loaders, AmmunitionStore buys theirs from Old Sarge's Drop Zone Dealer Packs. Old Sarge also sells them "a la carte" if you don't want his pre-made kits (I don't). You might need to call him if the "a la carte" stuff isn't on his website.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:26:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:36:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/9/2006 2:37:41 AM EDT by steven1513]
I've only done FTF with Old Sarge at a VA gun show. So I can't tell you about phone/email response time.

The show is where I noticed his stuff was marked with AmmunitionStore's product codes. He explained he gets them bulk, packages them into "dealer packs" and sells them to AmmunitionStore. The stuff on his table was already packaged for AmmunitionStore since they are one if his biggest customers. I recall his a la carte prices were about 30% less than AmmunitionStore. I'm not bad mouthing AmmunitionStore. Thier prices are still low and they have a great ammo selection and prices.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:10:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FMJ:
+1 WU`S

+2 on WU's
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:13:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:15:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:03:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By medicmandan:

Originally Posted By Forest:

+1 WU`S

+2 on WU's

I'm ready to buy several hundred, but can't get him to return my e-mails. How long does he usually take to get back to you guys with totals?

The two times I've used him, it's taken a few days (3-5) but his prices are good - it just takes a little while because I think it's a side job for him.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:10:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Engineer:
The two times I've used him, it's taken a few days (3-5) but his prices are good - it just takes a little while because I think it's a side job for him.

Agreed on all counts.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:33:43 AM EDT
I used old sarge once recently and got the dealers dozen. I don't recall the turn around exactly (believe he's in NY) but I can say is was pretty fast. I'd use again. Probably will.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:20:29 AM EDT
I just got some 5 rd M14/.308 strippers from Hi-Tech. Ordered them one day and got them the next. I only live about 125 miles from them though. Nice guys to talk to and great strippers.

Hi Tech
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:27:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:39:51 AM EDT

I ordered a dealer pack from Old Sarge's last Tues, he charged my card that day. I just got an e-mail saying it will ship tomorrow. One week to ship after he had my money?

Like I have posted before. He is not the quickest with shipping but he is honest and has great quality products + the price is right. When it was Young Sarges Dropzone he shipped much quicker. It's worth the wait.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:04:16 AM EDT
Can you use the 7.62x39 clips for .308 ammo? I've got a bunch of .308 that needs organizing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:31:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By seahawkdodge:
Can you use the 7.62x39 clips for .308 ammo? I've got a bunch of .308 that needs organizing.

Nope. The head is completely different. But there are .308/.30-'06 clips out there too, just not in the scope and variety of places you can find 5.56mm clips.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:40:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GHPorter:

Originally Posted By seahawkdodge:

Nope. The head is completely different. But there are .308/.30-'06 clips out there too, just not in the scope and variety of places you can find 5.56mm clips.

All of the 308 clips I have found are 5 rounders... Thanks for the info. Any links/sources to 10 round clips (M1?)
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:52:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Forest:

+1 WU`S

+2 on WU's

I'm ready to buy several hundred, but can't get him to return my e-mails. How long does he usually take to get back to you guys with totals?

+3 on WU's

It takes him a couple of days but well worth the wait.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:30:53 PM EDT
Not sure if this will help you or not, but I'm in the military and called up the M-16 range on my base and asked if they had any they had any to give away. when I went to get them I got about 1000 stripper clips, 20 spoons and an ammo can all for free. ended up giving away a bunch of the clips and spoons. This should work for anyone thats military. I'm gonna give them a call again here soon, hopefully they have stocked back up.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:16:31 PM EDT
I’ve placed one order with Wu and one with Old Sarge.

Wu took several days to respond. I actually figured he didn’t get the e-mail and in the meantime I had found Old Sarge’s site.

So I placed an order with Old Sarge instead. A day later Wu finally responded. I figured what the hell I can always use extras and placed the order with him too. (You can’t have too many stripper clips, just too little ammo.) Wu shipped my order as soon as I paid.

There was a mixup with the shipping from Old Sarge, (post office screw up.) so that order was delayed. I called Old Sarge about the missing order and they reshipped quickly.

Wu might be a little slow but at his prices he’s not running a business, he’s running a charity for poor AR owners. His stuff is very good quality and he ships right away.

Old Sarge’s prices are a little higher unless you buy in bulk. So go ahead and buy in bulk. And they’ve got a decent assortment of stuff.

I would order from either place again in a heartbeat. Or I will, as soon as I get enough ammo to fill up several hundred more stripper clips.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:59:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DSOTM518:
Not sure if this will help you or not, but I'm in the military and called up the M-16 range on my base and asked if they had any they had any to give away. when I went to get them I got about 1000 stripper clips, 20 spoons and an ammo can all for free. ended up giving away a bunch of the clips and spoons. This should work for anyone thats military. I'm gonna give them a call again here soon, hopefully they have stocked back up.

That depends... The range at Lackland AFB is now so clean you can eat off it; they even removed several dumpsters that they used to dispose of clips, bandoleers and spoons in so I can't even "dive for them." Of course this range is both bery busy and pretty much under some strict scrutiny, so that might be a good part of it.

I still have hundreds (maybe as many as a thousand) clips, lots of spoons and I don't know how many bandoleers from back when I had time to play, so I'm not going to need more anytime soon.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:01:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By seahawkdodge:All of the 308 clips I have found are 5 rounders... Thanks for the info. Any links/sources to 10 round clips (M1?)

You can get 10 round stripper clips for the .308 guns from at least 2 sources:

www.cjweapons.com

www.e-gunparts.com

Both have them for around a $1 or so each. A little steep, but the convenience of 10 round strippers is worth it in my book.

The 10 rounders work perfectly in Lightning Loaders also, really speeding up mag loading.

Futuristic
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:58:56 PM EDT

I ordered some from Old Sarge's and got good prompt service. Paid by USPS MO.

Price was much better than I ever saw locally or at the Fun Shows.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:53:26 PM EDT
Well I got a reply back from WUs/Chuck tonight and it doesn't look good.

Hello ,

My apologies for the delay in responding to your query. Due to changes in my primary work schedule, added responsibilities and the lack of consistent suppliers, I am no longer able to continue offering bandoleer kits or components thereof. I recommend contacting Michael Van Sant of AR15 Tactical LLC, who can be reached at info@thetacticalsolution.com. Michael, a respected member of AR15.Com will soon be offering brand new materials at competitive prices. Thank you for your patronage.

Regards,

Chuck
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:57:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By umc:
Well I got a reply back from WUs/Chuck tonight and it doesn't look good.

Hello ,

My apologies for the delay in responding to your query. Due to changes in my primary work schedule, added responsibilities and the lack of consistent suppliers, I am no longer able to continue offering bandoleer kits or components thereof. I recommend contacting Michael Van Sant of AR15 Tactical LLC, who can be reached at info@thetacticalsolution.com. Michael, a respected member of AR15.Com will soon be offering brand new materials at competitive prices. Thank you for your patronage.

Regards,

Chuck

Yea, 10-4
got the same email here
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:15:13 PM EDT
Me too...Guess I'll be sending Old Sarge an email.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:04:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ss2nv:
Me too...
Guess I'll be sending Old Sarge an email.

Go to the website. www.oldsargesdropzone.com
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:30:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:27:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By steven1513:
AmmunitionStore.com is the best if you need ammo at the same time. If you only need clips and loaders, AmmunitionStore buys theirs from Old Sarge's Drop Zone Dealer Packs. Old Sarge also sells them "a la carte" if you don't want his pre-made kits (I don't). You might need to call him if the "a la carte" stuff isn't on his website.

Web orders are fine if you like Sarge's pre-made packages. But I prefer "a la carte" since I use a slightly different storage method.

1. Omit the cardboard box and fit 3 loaded clips into each pocket. (That's 210 rounds in a seven pocket bandoleer.)
2. Use the safety pin to attach a clip guide to each bandoleer.
3. Put 4 (seven pocket) bandoleers in a standard 50 cal ammo can. (That's 840 rounds per can.)
4. Toss in a small dessicant pack.
5. Close the can and label it accordingly (ex. XM193PD 2004/2005 or Q3131 2001).
6. I even tape the latch closed if the can is for long term storage.

The can should be good for decades with minimal care given to temperature. This is probably overkill to most people. But I'm an overkill kind of guy.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:35:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:42:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/9/2006 8:44:10 AM EDT by BSTOCK]

Originally Posted By Ponyboy:
www.bandolierstore.com

BANDO STORE 4 pocket bando with strippers, cardboard, spoon & pin $5.95
Old Sarges 4 pocket bando with strippers, cardboard, spoon & pin dealer dozen $2.50 each.

Edited to add-- 1000 strippers $55. at Old Sarges.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:44:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:04:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/9/2006 9:06:49 AM EDT by JWCswm]
last week I got my order from Old Sarge, 100 stripper clips & 10-4pocket bandoleer kits
I received my order a day early and everything looked like new!!! I spent a few hours loading everything up & I got another nice surprise.... EVERY stripper clip had both tabs!!!
+100 for Old Sarge.... He's got all my future business!!

That's what the safety pin is for!!!!...............Thank you!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:07:50 AM EDT

Web orders are fine if you like Sarge's pre-made packages. But I prefer "a la carte" since I use a slightly different storage method.

1. Omit the cardboard box and fit 3 loaded clips into each pocket. (That's 210 rounds in a seven pocket bandoleer.)
3. Put 4 (seven pocket) bandoleers in a standard 50 cal ammo can. (That's 840 rounds per can.)
5. Close the can and label it accordingly (ex. XM193PD 2004/2005 or Q3131 2001).

The can should be good for decades with minimal care given to temperature. This is probably overkill to most people. But I'm an overkill kind of guy.

I don't think thats overkill. Either that or I am a overkill guy too. On my shipping tags attached to my cans I have the caliber, manufacturer, lot #, type ammo, and noted if its on strippers etc. No need to open it to check anything. Once the can is sealed with the desiccant it won't be opened till it's needed. Most of it I hope to never see it again.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:13:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JWCswm:
last week I got my order from Old Sarge, 100 stripper clips & 10-4pocket bandoleer kits
I received my order a day early and everything looked like new!!! I spent a few hours loading everything up & I got another nice surprise.... EVERY stripper clip had both tabs!!!
+100 for Old Sarge.... He's got all my future business!!

That's what the safety pin is for!!!!...............Thank you!!

To attach the spoon to the bando strap.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:36:21 AM EDT
I had to use another ammo can Just to store my EMPTY Bandoliers and Card boards,Stippers and Spoons!

I tape my cardboards? STUPID I wish I didnt do that
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:38:11 AM EDT

That's what it's used for?

Pin is used to ADJUST BANDOLIER not to hold spoon!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:04:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:02:35 PM EDT
Old Sarges Drop Zone. Great people and they were pretty quick to get them out. Good prices too.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:47:43 AM EDT
Tag.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:57:55 AM EDT

That's what it's used for?

Pin is used to ADJUST BANDOLIER not to hold spoon!

I use it for both.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:12:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:21:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BSTOCK:
I use it for both.

+1. Pin attaches the spoon guide AND adjusts the bandoleer length.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:18:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BSTOCK:

I don't think thats overkill. Either that or I am a overkill guy too. On my shipping tags attached to my cans I have the caliber, manufacturer, lot #, type ammo, and noted if its on strippers etc. No need to open it to check anything. Once the can is sealed with the desiccant it won't be opened till it's needed. Most of it I hope to never see it again.

Great information guys! Thanks!!

Bigfeet
Top Top