Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:14:42 PM EDT
I have grew up in a family that has tought me to be prepaired for SHFT situations. in my lbv i carry ss109's in 20 rounders for penitration and wolf 55gr hp in the 30 rounders. i reccomend doing this so you dont get confuse in the heat of the moment. what and how do yall carry and stock up on for SHFT fan
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:33:42 PM EDT
m193 but I do have 77/75 black hills but I aint shot enough yet to prove it in my new upper!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:37:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/20/2006 6:38:45 PM EDT by dilligaff]
Lots of Q3131A and Q3131.

P.S. get rid of the Wolf for your SHTF, Wolf and SHTF don't belong together.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:38:22 PM EDT
hows that Q3131a do. i've herd alot about it
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:40:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cqbgod:

Among the best ammo I've put thru the Bushy, sitting on the rest of my stash. Packs one hell uva punch and 100% reliable for me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:42:43 PM EDT
do any military or police use the Q3131a
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:46:45 PM EDT
Whatever's in my mags and what I have stored up at the time. WWB, Q3131, Black Hills, Wolf, Barnaul, etc. As long as it goes BOOM and puts a hole in my target it will work for me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:13:38 PM EDT
M193 or equivalent (currently Q3131A)
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:40:48 PM EDT
I'm running a spare on my buttstock. It's a shorty loaded with 55g JSP. The longtube in the 'well is stocked with 45g JHP for in-home use.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:02:07 PM EDT

I'm great thanks for asking. The ammo is good too (if you can find it).
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:16:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/20/2006 8:17:55 PM EDT by BIGDUKESIX]

Originally Posted By Q3131A:

Nice screen name I like it
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:30:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/20/2006 8:30:30 PM EDT by FALARAK]

I have grew up in a family that has tought me to be prepaired for SHFT situations. in my lbv i carry ss109's in 20 rounders for penitration and wolf 55gr hp in the 30 rounders. i reccomend doing this so you dont get confuse in the heat of the moment. what and how do yall carry and stock up on for SHFT fan

Did your family teach you how to spell?

Guys.... this HAS to be a joke.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:42:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Q3131A:

Good one.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:12:26 PM EDT
Ditch the Wolf - get Q3131A/M193 or equivlant 55gr load.
.223 wolf is underpowered.

You could always pick up some of the new brass cased wolf that is loaded to M193 specs.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:33:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/20/2006 10:41:06 PM EDT by Tromatic]

Originally Posted By FALARAK:

Hard to believe that a "cqbgod" would have to ask about ammo.

ETA: Where the heck does he live? VA must be going to hell, the feud is heating up or the shuttle is down for maintenance.

God has spoken.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:05:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 6:06:13 AM EDT by Aerospace_Engineer]

Originally Posted By Tromatic:

ETA: Where the heck does he live? VA must be going to hell, the feud is heating up or the shuttle is down for maintenance.

God has spoken.

+1

(Where's the KoolAid drinking icon?)

...apparently he has a deagle wit dem beamz too.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:19:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Aerospace_Engineer:

Originally Posted By Tromatic:

God has spoken.

+1

(Where's the KoolAid drinking icon?)

...apparently he has a deagle wit dem beamz too.

Hey, let's cut the guy a break. We were all newbies once. Just direct him to the ORACLE.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:31:31 AM EDT

Wolf and SS109? Why would two of the least appealing SHTF rounds be a joke?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:02:41 AM EDT

.223 wolf is underpowered.

Ask all those coyotes and hogs that I've knocked their dicks in the dirt with Wolf in the last few months if .223 Wolf is underpowered.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:14:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 10:16:51 AM EDT by heavytank2]
Something about their skin being thinner, less bone/flesh ratio, among other things.

Varmit rounds/cheap ammo fragments kinda early or not entirely, to hit vitals with destructive effect. Sure, it will fuck their day up pretty bad. But its the difference between him getting off a few more rounds and dropping where he stands. Hogs don't shoot back.

Unless your all about the CNS, the smallest target on a moving human.

Me personally? Q3131.... I intend on getting a grab bag assortment though. TBBCs and some M855.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:26:54 AM EDT

If yer carrying wolf as SHTF ammo, then you didn't learn the lesson.

When yer ass is on the line, you want the best, anything else is just trouble.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:35:01 AM EDT
I just bought 1000rds of WOLF M193 SHTF I will use it if its specs
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:42:04 PM EDT
Right now I have some XM193 left, but slowly stocking up on Q3131.

I also have some Lancer 68 grain BTHP coming to see how it tests out for SHTF.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:51:55 PM EDT
it's good you are prepaired for SHTF but you may want to reconsider your 2 ammo selections. SS109 is the better of the 2 but there are much better alternitives out there than that. I would definetly just use the Wolf for training and get something else, just about anything else. Wolf is pretty much the worst ammo you could use other than nothing for SHTF.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:02:04 PM EDT
I wonder if the ammo you use really matters. So long as it fragments, I don't think there would be any other issues. To me there are two essentials for SHTF ammo.

-Reliability
-Lethality

Thats it. Penetration is good, but if you're using a .223, you're already behind other rifle rounds on that one. Still, most things to hide behind, ex- car bodies, are penetrated by most any round of .223. I would choose a round that feeds well, and fragments upon impact, because without fragmentation, you are just popping .22 caliber holes in the other guy. I would believe that more important factors might include mag count, and marksmanship, as it does you no good when you are dry, or can't hit shit. Ammo just needs to feed and do its job downrange, thats it. Why do we even talk that much about ammo anyways? I think superior tactics and high speed thinking are what determines the winners, not whether you are using xm193 or m855.

(BTW my SHTF scenario is a gunfight against armed enemies of a foreign and/or domestic type)
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:56:22 PM EDT
I mostly agree but the OP uses Wolf which doesn't frag or expand which makes it a horrible SHTF/SD/HD round

Originally Posted By Burkey:
I wonder if the ammo you use really matters. So long as it fragments, I don't think there would be any other issues. To me there are two essentials for SHTF ammo.

-Reliability
-Lethality

Thats it. Penetration is good, but if you're using a .223, you're already behind other rifle rounds on that one. Still, most things to hide behind, ex- car bodies, are penetrated by most any round of .223. I would choose a round that feeds well, and fragments upon impact, because without fragmentation, you are just popping .22 caliber holes in the other guy. I would believe that more important factors might include mag count, and marksmanship, as it does you no good when you are dry, or can't hit shit. Ammo just needs to feed and do its job downrange, thats it. Why do we even talk that much about ammo anyways? I think superior tactics and high speed thinking are what determines the winners, not whether you are using xm193 or m855.

(BTW my SHTF scenario is a gunfight against armed enemies of a foreign and/or domestic type)

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:34:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Burkey:

-Reliability
-Lethality

I am with you, brutha.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:34:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/22/2006 7:35:12 PM EDT by DvlDog]
it takes some king-kong balls to use "cqbgod" as a board name. and then to state you use Wolf for emergency ammo. you might want to email the mods about a name change. there really are some "cqb gods" on this site and im betting you arent one of them. feel free to post your 214 to make me look like an asshole.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:47:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DvlDog:
it takes some king-kong balls to use "cqbgod" as a board name. and then to state you use Wolf for emergency ammo.

I'm betting it's somebody's troll account.

I mean come on an Oly Plinker with Wolf and a $40 Leapers scope? If that ain't someone pushing buttons I don't know what is.

Oh and I'll be they are using USA brand magazines as well
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:14:03 PM EDT
youre right...i feel like such a dummy for feeding the troll. sorry

someone needs to give trolling lessons. after imbro and mcuzi everyone is just an immitator
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:37:14 PM EDT
any ammo is better than no ammo at all......................
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:38:18 AM EDT
http://www.armalite.com/library/techBulletins/tb6.htm
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:00:31 AM EDT
??
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:06:17 AM EDT
Buy whatever your budget will accomodate. There isn't anyone here that would be saying or doing much of anything after being hit with a round or two of any .223 of any brand or type.
If your guns work with Wolf ammo, by all means buy it and put some away. You won't find any long lines of volunteers from all those who have commented here to stand in front of it(myself included) to prove any points......case closed.

FMJ is as effective as anything to change a persons mind and actions once they are perforated. All the wound data, ballistic data and hype doesn't do anyone one bit of good when the hole is in their body and they are leaking. All the marketing hype in the world doesn't mean shit when you catch a bullet to the head or torso.......you are out of the fight.

Top Top