Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2006 1:15:09 PM EDT
I just picked up a Swarovski ZFM scope with a .308 168 gr BDC.  Does anybody have any data or a link to show me the difference between 168 and 147 or 150 ballistics?  I suspect the difference will be minimal but don't know for sure.

I would like to put the scope on my FAL and shoot surplus .308 but I don't want to underutilize the nice BDC.

Any comments.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#1]
For short ranges, say out to 350yds the difference will be small.  For longer ranges, or for a greater level of precision, there is a significant difference.  Also, the velocity of your ammo will make a difference.  It is very likely that the cam will not be exact for 168gr ammo shot in your gun anyways, depending on what velocity the cam is calibrated for.  All you can do is go out and test to see how close various loads really are.  At longer ranges such as 600 and beyond, there will be significant error unless you test it yourself and make notes about the differences between ammo brands and weights.  

Short version: the cam will get you close, but don't expect to hit beer cans with the first shot at 500yds using it.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top