Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2003 10:47:52 PM EDT
I've read many bad things about this ammo.Have the problems been fixed?Should i buy this for plinking,or will it cause probs. with my gun?Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:07:44 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of gun are you planning to shoot it out of?
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:10:46 AM EDT
[#2]
My M-4,and my A2-20in.Thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:16:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:04:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Ive used wolf in my AR's and my mini 30 with no problems.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I shoot a Colt hbar 1\9. The wolf ammo 55gr in this rifle is quite accurate. I bought a case of win 3131a and in this rifle is not as good as the wolf. Am planning on swapping out barrel to a Colt 1\7 and then try the 3131a I heard good stuff about this ammo but have yet to see anything great. Barrel is 20"
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 8:01:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I shoot a Colt hbar 1\9. The wolf ammo 55gr in this rifle is quite accurate. I bought a case of win 3131a and in this rifle is not as good as the wolf. Am planning on swapping out barrel to a Colt 1\7 and then try the 3131a I heard good stuff about this ammo but have yet to see anything great. Barrel is 20"
View Quote

Can't say I've ever heard of this...

Wolf will not hurt your rifle.  I have dumped mags of it through an AR trying to get the fabled laquer problem.  It does seem underpowered, is dirty, and not as accurate.  The worst thing that the old stuff used to do was leave red flakes of sealant in the weapon to be cleaned out.  I hear they've fixed that.  Wolf is a decent, budget, play ammunition that you should be able to get for approx $100 a case or less if you shop around or go to the shows...
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 12:16:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Colt 1/7 and tried 100 rounds for the first time this past weekend. I didn't have any problems. I usually always shoot M193 and I don't think the Wolf is quite as accurate and it does smell kinda funky, but I think it's great just for plinking and will buy more(cheap). However, I don't think I would leave a round sitting in a hot chamber for very long, I'd be afraid of the lacquer melting and causing failures to extract.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Please refer to [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=169729]this page[/url] for a review of popular ammunition (including Wolf).
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top