Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2002 2:16:54 PM EDT
Just tried out some new XM193 - lot 6 from Ammoman and lot 10 from Wholesale Hunter.

I am getting a HUGE muzzle flash. I did not expect this, since I've been shooting South African previously, which does not have much flash at all. I thought all military ammo had additives in the powder to reduce flash. Is XM193 different? Can someone set me straight?

BTW I'm shooting a Bushmaster M4gery (14.5" barrel) with a Cav Comp brake. (yes, I know that's a flash-prone configuration, but I swear with South African there is hardly any visible blast...)
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:19:21 PM EDT
Six of one, half a dozen of the other-I get some flash in the daytime out of a Bushy DCM-legal-but my boy's mini-14 with an Eagle suppresor gets none in the daylight I can see, with Lots 2,3 and 6....
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:36:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dmaas:
Just tried out some new XM193 - lot 6 from Ammoman and lot 10 from Wholesale Hunter.

I am getting a HUGE muzzle flash. I did not expect this, since I've been shooting South African previously, which does not have much flash at all. I thought all military ammo had additives in the powder to reduce flash. Is XM193 different? Can someone set me straight?

BTW I'm shooting a Bushmaster M4gery (14.5" barrel) with a Cav Comp brake. (yes, I know that's a flash-prone configuration, but I swear with South African there is hardly any visible blast...)

Q. Holy earache Batman! This Q3131A/Lake City XM193 is really loud and it launches a FIREBALL from my muzzle! Everyone at the range is looking at me now. What gives?
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:40:39 PM EDT
I've found that XM193 has one of the larger flashes of the M193 type loads, while SA produces minimal flash.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 7:09:20 PM EDT
Thanks tatjana, I should have checked the FAQ! =) Just didn't expect USGI ammo to flash so much... (but then again, I'm don't have a real A2 FS :[ )
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 7:19:20 PM EDT
With genuine US MILITARY M193 ( in brown cartons) with my Mini-14 GB i have no flash whatsoever. It's damn good shit.
Top Top