Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 8:47:51 PM EDT
I was watching Guns and Ammo TV on the Sportsman Channel Tuesday and they were shooting some new CCI 40 grain round nose plated Tactical AR 22 rimfire ammo.  This ammo looked like it was loaded in bulk packs of about 500 rounds and states velocity is 1200 FPS.  The rifle they were shooting the CCI ammo in was  a new DPMS dedicated 22 they referred to as the A22.  The rifle appeared to be using a BDM smoke color mag and the rifle appeared to have a SS 16" barrel with flash hider.  The bolt looked similar to a Nordic dedicated upper bolt however  this rifle had a fixed front sight and A-2 round handgurard .  I went to the DPMS web site but there is no info on this rifle.  I did notice DPMS was selling some Nordic parts along with CMMG 22 conversions and mags.  I recorded this episode and even played it back to make sure they said DPMS A22.  I was curious if anyone else has heard anything about this rifle or upper.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:47:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Haven't heard anything about the rifle but everybody seems to be coming out with their own versions
of AR-22's so anything is possible. It would be nice if CCI would come out with a bulk ammo.

Dave
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I have two DPMS A22 uppers. DMPS made them several years ago but they were discontinued. This was before the big  .22lr AR craze and back in the day of cheap ammo prices. I guess DPMS is kicking themselves in the ass now. A couple of months ago I heard that DPMS is going to bring back their .22lr but have not heard anything since.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:07:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got two of the DPMS dedicated 22 uppers that I bought several years ago.  The first I bought from Brownell's and is the M-4 16" barrel version.  The second I bought off the equipment exchange and is the 16" heavy bull barrel with float tube.  I converted the M-4 to use a Ciener bolt and BDM magazine.  I think your right DPMS sees the market in the 22 AR and getting a product back on the market.  I noticed the bolt looked more like the bolt in the Nordic upper instead of the older DPMS/Colt style bolt (rectangular and not rounded bolt).
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Haven't heard anything about the rifle but everybody seems to be coming out with their own versions

of AR-22's so anything is possible. It would be nice if CCI would come out with a bulk ammo.

Dave

Date: Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Subject: RE: CCI Ammo - Ask the Expert Form

To: XXXXXXXXXX
Mr. XXXXXXXXX
Thank you for your email.
This is a new CCI rimfire load and so far is only available at Cabelas

sporting goods centers. 1200 fps and sold in bulk boxes of 375 rounds.

Part # is 0953  Copper plated optimized for reliable function in AR-22

platforms.   Linda
Linda Olin

CCI/Speer Technical Services

2299 Snake River Ave.

Lewiston, ID 83501

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top