Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/23/2002 2:40:25 AM EDT
ive got a colt 22 conversion kit i picked a few years ago from sarco the one withe 10 round mags you have to insert into a 20 rd mag.  what if any problems am i going to have if i use this imn my bushamster 223 upper with a 1x9 twist??  ive heard people talking about a leading problem is that a concern??  any other tips would be great dont want to ruin a good upper thanks  jim   ps  how do these kits function are they reliable??
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Jim:

I'm not sure if your kit is the same as the US Army M-261 kit.  It also uses 10 rd inserts into full sized mags.  I have been playing with one for months.  The problems I experienced were along the lines of failure to feed and eject properly. the FTF part was easily solved, no hollow points, and good mags.  I found that the 10 rounders Bushmaster sells for their bullpup ( steel mags ) worked best.  The insert needs to fit with as little play as possible.  It also just didn't like any hollowpoint I ever tried either.  On the ejecting side I would get empties caught between the bolt and charging handle.  This I solved by very lightly stoning the ejector giving it a minute downward bevel.  This combinded with using only Break Free CLP as a lube and the problems are greatly reduced.  I went through about 150 rounds last week with only 2 malfunctions and that isn't bad for any semi auto .22
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top