Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 3:03:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EMSintraining:
Would there be anything better than the basic black nylon silent sling for an XM4 build? I've got my XM4 upper just about done (Except I haven't knocked out the front sling to install side swivel yet) But that's next. Lower receiver itself hasn't shipped yet but I have all the parts lined up so that'll be a real quick and easy build once it is shipped.
View Quote
If you want to be period correct, you could add the strap from a top sling adapter kit to lengthen the silent sling.
You could also rig up an Alice adjuster to make the sling adjustable. Guys were rigging up there own stuff that way back then.

Link Posted: 11/6/2023 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#2]
You could do a mid GWOT XM4/early M4 w/ fixed carry handle, KAC RAS, waffle stock & 3-point Mamba.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 10:11:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
You could do a mid GWOT XM4/early M4 w/ fixed carry handle, KAC RAS, waffle stock & 3-point Mamba.  
View Quote

That sounds like my dream build.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 10:25:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
View Quote

Don't tempt me with a good time, I've got a spare vero-era RAS.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got an email
Delton has 14.5” barrels with A2 front
site in stock
Just a heads up for anyone wanting to do this build
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:04:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Found this photo of XM4 from US National Archives.

A student at the Scout Sniper Instructor School armed with an M16A2 carbine rifle moves through the woods while on patrol during a field training exercise. Quantico, VA. 1987

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:28:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: imdBman] [#7]
Originally Posted By mlin:
Found this photo of XM4 from US National Archives.

A student at the Scout Sniper Instructor School armed with an M16A2 carbine rifle moves through the woods while on patrol during a field training exercise. Quantico, VA. 1987
https://i.imgur.com/TtHr29i.png
https://i.imgur.com/2pUzglh.jpg
View Quote

Great Pic!  I have never seen that barrel on the XM4 in actual use.  Only the pics taken on a table or background.  Cool also cause the uniform and gear are from when I went in at MCRD and Pendleton in 1987.
ETA: Green Mountain used to sell that barrel profile.  I thought about buying one but never did.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I have ARs in many different configurations, but I think this is my favorite. H&R A2 upper, Colt SOCOM 14.5" p/w barrel, Microbest BCG, RRA side sling mount, M4 handguards, PSA M4 lower.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top