Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 3:54:11 PM EDT
Here is the scoop, I have an SP1 lower with a new flat top and a pre ban 1/9 H-bar. It is not exactly what I want, I don't want the 2 position Colt stock or the 16in H-bar with gas block sight combo. I do want the flat top however. Should I strip and sell the parts to fund my Varmint style build keeping my upper, since I don't have the SP upper, or sell the entire thing and build the one I want? The only reason I don't just build off of the lower I have is I would feel bad painting it camo knowing there are so many people looking for them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#1]
My 2 pennies says sell off and build from scratch the one you want.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#2]
If the lower is all original, I would probably sell it as one complete item, and sell the barrel separately.  I'm sure you can sell the SP1 lower for more than enough to buy yourself a new, modern lower.  Keep the upper receiver for your build.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea sell that lower to a person in a ban state or a retro guy.
Don't paint it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:52:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Send me a PM.  I'll trade you straight across for a A2 lower.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Keep the parts in case you ever want it to be original again.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the input, I figure I'll sell it as a full piece since I do not have the original upper, then turn the money into a varmint project from scratch.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:05:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah that's a fair trade. VA is a free state anyway isn't it?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:58:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes we are free.
I'd do that trade also. lol
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes we are free.

I don't know of many that would not do it, but what I meant it would be ripping the guy off with that trade. We all know that the SP1 lower is worth way more than any A2 lower, & hopefully the OP does too.

Being as the OP is a new member, his knowledge of what he has is not known to us.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:08:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes we are free.

I don't know of many that would not do it, but what I meant it would be ripping the guy off with that trade. We all know that the SP1 lower is worth way more than any A2 lower, & hopefully the OP does too.

Being as the OP is a new member, his knowledge of what he has is not known to us.

Thanks for looking out for an "unknown" guys, that is Honor. I hope by this point of my life I have acquired the skills to deal fairly.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:20:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes we are free.

Thanks for looking out for an "unknown" guys, that is Honor. I hope by this point of my life I have acquired the skills to deal fairly.

Anytime. I just treat others as I hope they'd treat me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#12]
beware of the sharks!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Sell it, you'll end up with enough to replace with a modern lower, internals and some of your other needed parts.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#14]
It's your call. Colt 2 pos carbine stock should have value. Colt SP-1 carbine lower should have value. They ain't making no more of them. You might regret the sale later in life. Think I'd just kill me some varmits with what I have, or keep it, and build a different lower for $200. Upper should be small pin anyway. Should be easy with all the gun dealers that are in Ohio.  Most any AR will outshoot the shooter. You would sure look cool busting coyotes with that rig or put an A-1 stock on it, camo tape, and a little trigger work for cheap, way less than $100 and stash the high dollar stock.  My fluted 16" Hbar is the most accuate semi auto rifle I own within 300 yards. Shooting much farther than that and I'm thinkin a bolt gun anyway, but I'm old.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top