Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/25/2006 8:14:10 PM EDT
I was wondering what everyone can offer in the way of personal experience with these rifles?  How do they shoot (any pictures of targets would be nice).  What you think about them overall, what’s something you don’t like about them, and what types of extras did you buy for them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#1]
 The fit and finish on the ones I have seen is great.  The upper to lower fit is rock solid.  I replaced the trigger and added an optic nothing else so far.  They really don't need anything unless you want to add extra's.  Mine has been 100% with good ammo.  While I have no pictures of targets, I can tell you that mine will do .5 moa very easy.

Weazer  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had a DPMS LR308 in 24" for a couple of months.  I've got about 200 rounds through it, with no failures, period.  Fit and finish are outstanding.  I shoot factory match ammo (Federal and Black Hills) and at 100 yards it stays sub-MOA, frequently 1/2 MOA.  That it doesn't do that every time is the fault of the shooter-namely, me!  I have a Nikon 6.5-20x44mm scope mounted.  Great factory support.  With DPMS you pay for the rifle, not the name.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I cannot say enough good things about my DPMS 24" .308 LR

Its an excellent rifle and a tac driver to say the least.

I have had no problems with it after almost 1k rnds. I can shoot cheap surplus ammo with no issues at all.
I mainly shoot SA battle packs but have tried Bulgarian and Portugese.

Note the target at 300yrds with double, triple and quad taps with surplus ammo.
Think about how much more accurate your results may be with factory and quality reloaded .308

Feel free to email or IM me for any other specific questions.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a LR-308 with a 24" barrell.  With the exception of the factory trigger it has been a great reliable and accurate rifle.  After firing 250 rounds through the weapon, it is know as accurate as the SR-25 that I have at work.  Consistent .75 MOA groups are possible.  

My only major modification to the weapon so far has been a JP single stage match trigger.  I am right in the middle of replacing the handguard with a railed system from Superior Weapon Systems.

Airborne LCSS
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:56:21 PM EDT
[#5]
hi, i had one. i loved it. but this was during the old plastic mag days. and at 85.00 a pop for other mags. i had to get AR10. DPMS has worked out the mag issue.you cant go wrong with one. wish id kept it longer. i had to have one that would go bang everytime. super shooter when it would load tho!!!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#6]
only real issue is the elevated rail with iron sights.  but the a3 upper solves that.  only necessary replacement part is trigger, springs at a minimum.  most recommended repl part, adj gas block.  shoots great, very happy with mine.

dpms lr308
jp front sight base/adj globe sight
jp adj gas block/bsquare bubble level
versapod biped adapter modified for handstop
extended bolt release
jp single stage trigger 3.5# springs
tubbs cws
tubbs grip
egw buttstock
duracoat od
(upgraded rear sight soon)

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I got one just last month, broke it in already (one round, clean, repeat for 20 rounds. then clean every 20 rounds, repeat until 100 rounds).

I'm super pleased with it, shooting .5-1 MOA is easy. I put a 2 stage match trigger, and Super Sniper 20x optics on it.

I shot my first ever 0.25 MOA this saturday with Black Hills redbox 168gr boat tail match 308's.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Loved it so much now I'm waiting on a DPMS AP4 in 308
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top