Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 2 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By TRIDENT1982:
Originally Posted By mark5pt56:

Dang! had to one up me with that sS barrel, didn't ya––

That is very nice, cool set up.

Mark

I took a cpl. double takes and then even had to scroll up to your awesome pics showing your kit in the larue bag.......I am not lying, you gents are stepping the badness game up....no mrps now, just mrp kits

You shot your new baby anymore yet Mark? (I bet your daughter has already repo'd it like ArmedSuspect's wifey has done his mws)....it would be awesome to hear about your first several outtings with it and esp. your groups when using the nxs.

Buddy, whats the best groups you shot @ 100yds. using your neglected and very beautiful stretch w. CL 16" 6.8 barrel?

i just built her a TacSol 10/22 this morning in an attempt to get MY MWS back. i thought it would distract her a bit *oooh, new gun* kind of thing. chances are slim, we'll see. i may need to pony up and get her a bolt gun of some kind, lord knows i can't swing another MWS and i want mine back.

this thread inspires me every day. some great looking kit going on here and from the looks of it there is more to come...

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Got the Spike's 16" Green Mountain MRP barrel and Spike's dedicated bolt  out yesterday.  Sighted it in at 50 meters with a Leupy Mark AR 1-4 and as it was windy and blustery I will only post pics of the gun...  I will say, the the setup did perform flawlessly, without any hiccups.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:31:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#3]
Originally Posted By ArmedSuspect:

Mark

I took a cpl. double takes and then even had to scroll up to your awesome pics showing your kit in the larue bag.......I am not lying, you gents are stepping the badness game up....no mrps now, just mrp kits

You shot your new baby anymore yet Mark? (I bet your daughter has already repo'd it like ArmedSuspect's wifey has done his mws)....it would be awesome to hear about your first several outtings with it and esp. your groups when using the nxs.

Buddy, whats the best groups you shot @ 100yds. using your neglected and very beautiful stretch w. CL 16" 6.8 barrel?

i just built her a TacSol 10/22 this morning in an attempt to get MY MWS back. i thought it would distract her a bit *oooh, new gun* kind of thing. chances are slim, we'll see. i may need to pony up and get her a bolt gun of some kind, lord knows i can't swing another MWS and i want mine back.

this thread inspires me every day. some great looking kit going on here and from the looks of it there is more to come...

If you can snap me a pic of your new tacsol 10/22 as I would love to see it and shoot me the specs on it......since you came outta the closet first, I will follow by admitting that I love building 10/22s and my first gun ever was a stock 10/22 that my pops gave me and I still remember after that first trip shooting my dad bitching about the lil 10 rd. mags as he grew up shooting several m1a carbines...so I did my homework or something of that nature for the whomping reward of a Eagle Ind. plastic banana 30rd. mag...smoke colored for effects...and I mean I was literally bonkers for a month over that 30rd. 10/22 mag

Slipjet... that .22 setup is truly awesome and I do want   Using the rifle length in conjunct w. the spikes .22 setup is to my knowledge a first so give yourself that little pioneering gold star  I ask before so I am kicking the dead horse but it would awesome to see some 50 yd. 10rd. groups from that setup...heck I would send you a 50ct. box of match .22 to perform the accuracy evaluation on it if you wanted.

eta....double take thoughts on the rifle length .22lr mrp.....confirmed its a damn winner  I love the stretches....damn they make everything look sexy in by book.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:50:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#4]
Due to this absolute BULLS**T I experienced this morning after driving to the range at 5:50am.....and having be closed til the 20th...

I present the "Edwin Special"....even though I think its now officially gonna be the "Trident Special"...just waiting on a Canon like Edwin's and that small lil silly thing called talent to show up and then Its official

eta....how could you not hear me in your basement taking this pic this morning Edwin?  Obviously the zombie defense is not up to snuff
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ArmedSuspect:

Mark

If you can snap me a pic of your new tacsol 10/22 as I would love to see it and shoot me the specs on it......since you came outta the closet first, I will follow by admitting that I love building 10/22s and my first gun ever was a stock 10/22 that my pops gave me and I still remember after that first trip shooting my dad bitching about the lil 10 rd. mags as he grew up shooting several m1a carbines...so I did my homework or something of that nature for the whomping reward of a Eagle Ind. plastic banana 30rd. mag...smoke colored for effects...and I mean I was literally bonkers for a month over that 30rd. 10/22 mag

Slipjet... that .22 setup is truly awesome and I do want   Using the rifle length in conjunct w. the spikes .22 setup is to my knowledge a first so give yourself that little pioneering gold star  I ask before so I am kicking the dead horse but it would awesome to see some 50 yd. 10rd. groups from that setup...heck I would send you a 50ct. box of match .22 to perform the accuracy evaluation on it if you wanted.

eta....double take thoughts on the rifle length .22lr mrp.....confirmed its a damn winner  I love the stretches....damn they make everything look sexy in by book.

I shot 10 rounds of Federal Gold Match Target along with 190 rounds of Federal bulpkpack and coundn't tell the difference.  I am gonna say it was the conditions.  I'll round up some more ammo and report back.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Due to this absolute BULLS**T I experienced this morning after driving to the range at 5:50am.....
http://i53.tinypic.com/29nb4ea.jpg

I present the "Edwin Special"....even though I think its now officially gonna be the "Trident Special"...just waiting on a Canon like Edwin's and that small lil silly thing called talent to show up and then Its official

http://i51.tinypic.com/sq3zly.jpg

eta....how could you not hear me in your basement taking this pic this morning Edwin?  Obviously the zombie defense is not up to snuff

That sucks! Getting up that early only to find out it's closed. That would put me in a mood for a couple of hours.

Your "Trident Special" is looking very very nice.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Due to this absolute BULLS**T I experienced this morning after driving to the range at 5:50am.....

THAT SUCKS BALLS!!

as for the 10/22, i don't have teh camera at the shop today. i'll get you a shot as soon as i can... with the can on it.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:29:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#8]
Originally Posted By kar30:

That sucks! Getting up that early only to find out it's closed. That would put me in a mood for a couple of hours.

I have heard prob. 2-3 great reports on the .22 setup and all described it as being an accurate setup...no vq or tacsol but nothing really is.

Your "Trident Special" is looking very very nice.

Thanks, I am gonna cook one up called the "Kar30 special".....its gonna involve a 1996 Suzuki RM80 mostly yellow w. a bit of purple that I had growing up and it just accumulated dust back at my parents home all the yrs since....with a required MRP.  I bet that shot might jog a memory or two from your brain

Slipjett, no hurry brother....and I can see you will be a big contributor to this thread and you actually posted a group already.

Most times folks are like my accuracy went to hell cause of this 7 mile an hr. cross wind at the range today and I was only using a .308......  In your case w. a .22lr, damn straight a 7 mile and hr. cross wind can ruin your day.  I go through phases of loving .22lr's...esp. subsonic s and then I will have a day when the little 38gr and 40 gr. .22lr bullet get absolutely beaten down by some wind and I sit there and ask myself what the heck am I doing with this pee shooter and I would be better shooting stones with a sling shot than this
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Mark

Kits, I like it!

I wonder if Larue would make a custom case for things like the extra barrel, etc. If it was a bit taller, etc it would be nice. If I'm not mistaken, Tactical Tailor makes this case.

I shot the second one today and I'm very happy with it. Just zeroed the Troy's and then the Aimpoint Micro. My old eyes must have been on, when I did my group at 100––1 1/2"!

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Honestly, I'm not much of a precision shooter but I reacal it being ~ 1 MOA.   I will shoot for groups the next time I have it out.  The gun came with an extra ss 18" 6.8 barrel, however I sold it to fund something else.  In hindsight, I probably should've held on to it.

Cheers

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:35:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buddyhoohaw] [#11]

Lookin' good Tredwin.

Is that armorall giving the lustrious shine?

Cheers

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Trimmed AFG and pushed it all the way up front without interfering with Larue light mount.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#13]
]eta....how could you not hear me in your basement taking this pic this morning Edwin?  Obviously the zombie defense is not up to snuff

It's because I was still out trying to get a few groups in BEFORE THE SUN CAME UP this morning!
You know what they say, it's always darkest before the dawn!

MRP Night Fighter

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By edwin907:
]eta....how could you not hear me in your basement taking this pic this morning Edwin?  Obviously the zombie defense is not up to snuff

It's because I was still out trying to get a few groups in BEFORE THE SUN CAME UP this morning!
You know what they say, it's always darkest before the dawn!

MRP Night Fighter
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab302/sniper907/AR/MRP-22a.jpg

That reply is straight money....I almost actually believed I would get a one up....not the case and that damn MRP Nightfighter trumped me....totally count on that name sticking every bit as much as Warpig A2 aka A-Bomb proof A2.

So I am giving up on trying to figure out or hear about what your recent shiny thingy will be used for....you know, you just never know who might just beat you to the punch and post something shiny in the 16" variety....just sayin' man, post em up

Amazing how that one pic can turn me into a acog man....the acog just looks right in that config. and your stretch configs. are benchmarks
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:37:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#15]
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:

Lookin' good Tredwin.

Is that armorall giving the lustrious shine?

Cheers

PM sent on TRADE SECRETS, you should know that opsec prevents me from disclosing openly my preferred MRP lube / body sheen....and its def. not CLP applied using the right type of applicator and a porous piece of foam would clearly be the worst type of applicator for this particular job

I def. remember you selling your mrp ss 18" 6.8 as I pondered it.  Some feedback on your stretch's groups using your currrent 6.8 16" would be sweet and if anyone could make me a 6.8 fan perhaps it would be you but I am a skeptic at this point.  Do not doubt its a great round just how much of a purpose it actually has and fills over either a 5.56 or a .308....hybrid anythings always sound to be perfect on paper and I have yet to find a hybrid anything that lived up to the anticipated perfect harmony of splicing two things together to form a single overall better item.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:08:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:41:37 AM EDT
[#18]
I am left speechless after that second cqb with SB on it as that is absolutely awesome

BIG THANKS as well for not only the sticky but all those awesome cqb pics, and I love seeing the two 1-4x types on them as I plan to run one in the future.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:31:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By new-arguy:
Tacked the new one. I'll make sure the old one gets archived and will then remove the tack on part 2. Meanwhile, here's some MRP shooters from FDCC.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4148/4980965899_b12fb386e8_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4087/4980963075_642556dd0f_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4088/4980962153_53e1f16e0f_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4129/4981568740_77c36bb7bd_b.jpg

Thanks for tacking thread.  Is that last pic jboy?  It sure looks like his blaster.

Cheers

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#21]
MRP  VS.  Model 94 carbine......

fyi......the MRP ate the 94 right after snapping that pic, its d90king's fault I even put em together
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:10:16 PM EDT
[#25]

Yeah your right, but it's far from a factory model and I had a blast making it my own. It was like Christmas around here every couple of days waiting for the big brown truck. Not to mention the countless hours spent online trying to find the lowest price on accessories. I think a nice trigger will be my next addition.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:34:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By LVdubbin:

Yeah your right, but it's far from a factory model and I had a blast making it my own. It was like Christmas around here every couple of days waiting for the big brown truck. Not to mention the countless hours spent online trying to find the lowest price on accessories. I think a nice trigger will be my next addition.

You obviously did your research by buying an MRP and then further enhanced it with topnotch accessories.  Well done....was just pokin' fun!!

Cheers

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:38:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#27]

Buddy is usually one of the nicest gents ever  I happen to believe it is a build, if its not than none of us have builds as none of except to some degree Duffy's badass operation has a cnc machine and plastic molding capabilities.

Now as for the way I feel about your build....Its freaking awesome, I love it, so keep it up  You guys sporting all these nice cases for the MRPs really make the "system" aspect shine....loving that for sure.

Badness is never going back....this is not trend nor is it a test, do not adjust your television sets, the quality and depth of the MRPs are absolutely better today than ever before and we have more awesome contributors to my favorite place on the silly internet as ever before.  Look forward to learning about your MRP and your thoughts on it so now that your hear, don't be shy.

eta....forgot to ask, what model are your two barrels you have pic'd

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:21:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:22:25 PM EDT
[#29]
The other barrel is a 16" 6.8 that I still need to ream out to SPCII, the 6.8 bolt is in the top right corner. If you know somebody that can do it, please let me know. I'm also in the process of securing a 12" 5.56 piston setup for it aswell. Thanks for the compliments too, it was built with inspiration from all the other beautiful MRP's in this thread. Keep the pics coming!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:20:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#30]

Sweet cases brother....the mrp is nice as well

Who makes that one in the bottom pic, looks awesome and  more portable than those platinum standard pelicans......I wish I had a single pelican, and really I wish I had a pelican for every AR, each handgun, and a optics pelican as the cherry on top.

I am not joking about how nice these high dollar cases compliment the MRPs and Mark keeps touching on a great idea if possible and that is some kinda special made or ordered case specifically designed to hold and feature the MRPs and all the MRP goodies.  Mark mentioned tactical tailor and earlier I found out that the bags recently I liked so much at rainier were in fact tactical tailor...so that would dynamite to have them put something together and it would be smart for them to do if they could reasonable price it as I know myself and many others in badness would indulge in these outta love for their mrp babies

eta..disregard who makes the awesome bottom....just stared at it for a minute and got really close the monitor and poof...Tactical tailor, apparently these guys make some awesome kit for ARs.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:27:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By LVdubbin:
The other barrel is a 16" 6.8 that I still need to ream out to SPCII, the 6.8 bolt is in the top right corner. If you know somebody that can do it, please let me know. I'm also in the process of securing a 12" 5.56 piston setup for it aswell. Thanks for the compliments too, it was built with inspiration from all the other beautiful MRP's in this thread. Keep the pics coming!

I thought it was a 16" 6.8 as I saw the carbine length gas on what appeared to be a 16"  but figured it could possible be a 14.5" 5.56 w. then the carbine gas.

Anyway good stuff and on who specifically could ream the 6.8.....I have never needed a barrel reamed and had to have it performed but If I did I would prob. just send it to adco as I cannot imagine them not being able to do it properly and promptly.  

Looks like your in the right gun as you have big plans....look forward to seeing them come to light
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:55:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Nice stuff!

I checked with ADCO, they do not ream 6.8 barrels, didn't say why. Va. Arms will offer this service, don't know what the charge is though.

I have a part time Tu/Wed night and should have time and  I hope to start sketching out some ideas for a dedicated case, maybe next week go to the local tactical store to discuss it with them. It's local shop called Vel-Tye.

I think if it's made well, modular to an extent, alot of people will pay a reasonable rate for something like this.

Mark
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:12:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#33]
For sure if it quality and relatively tailor for the MRP system than I would think that most folks  who spend the cheese for the already expensive MRPs would then get something that protects, stores and even organizes the MRP as a system/kit.

Def. think this could go places if done right as there is an unfilled need imho for it.

I am gonna give a LMT a shout today or tom. and see about getting their take on the whole old bolt/new barrel aspect as I have mated new bolts to new barrels and intended to maintain that policy however on a LMT/BCM/Colt bolt that has seen less than a few hundred rds., I find it hard to buy another $75 shipped BCM bolt for a new barrel and moreover find it hard to believe it would be merited to do so.  I am mrp sponge so no info learned is bad and I think this is given a relatively clear answer could help folks who run many barrels and such in the future.

Food for thought.....

So while trying to conjure up another excuse to own a stretch and knowing that sooner rather than later I will have a sbr stamp.....

I cannot help but to continue to think that I might try running the stretch chassis on sbr'd lower...taking a 14.5" carbine 5.56 and chopping in down to 13.7" and re-contouring it down to mid .60" area and running a pws tto.  You would only see the pws tto sticking out from the stetch so the entire actual barrel would be completely guarded and the overall barrel would be incredibly light yet still have 14.5" m4 type performance and range.  Its similar to the noveske infidel that for whatever crazy reason run the noveske pig. and uses many times a vis rifle length.

Armed....guinea pig???, you can throw kac dimples on the above barrel if you want to as well.... just sayin man, guinea pigs are cool
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:53:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ohio11b20:
ok so she started out like this, purchased from denny at global tactical (phenomenal guy) some time last year when there was a sale going on.
http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac333/11bangbang20/002.jpg
currently she is sitting like this
http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac333/11bangbang20/DSCF3332.jpg
http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac333/11bangbang20/DSCF3333.jpg
http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac333/11bangbang20/DSCF3335.jpg
http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac333/11bangbang20/DSCF3338.jpg

im still waiting on the surefire duel tape switch which is back ordered from optics planet, some index clips from larue,  some xtm panels and a miad from magpul then i think i will be done until my sbr paperwork comes back.
here is a rundown of parts.

mrp piston upper
dennys billet lower
geissele ssa
ubr
spikes st-t2 buffer
troy front and rear sights
ta31 rco m4 in a larue mount
surefire scout in a larue mount
insight peq 15
grip pod
whatever rail covers i had laying around that fit

i was trying for a stickman type of photo but i think my photography skills are lacking ....

eta this is my first ever "in on one" yay for me

Welcome to badness brother.....beautiful cqb and top to bottom the specs are awesome.  Keep us updated on that one for sure

INtrooper gets mad points for using his mrp on duty, you must have a great dept. with relaxed policies as many require the bushmaster to give the bad guys a fair chance

duel tape switch got here today it is the "SRxx-d-it" i got the one with 7 inch cables. i put it on and my tangled (not really) mess of wires. was instantly squared away. it is easier to operate the pad going to the light has a tangible bump on it and the one going to the peq does not. super easy to distinguish. for $100 shipped it gave me ambi controls of my light and laser it is built a little sturdier than both of the other switches and it takes up less space. i would recommend this to anyone who runs a similar setup. they also make one with 9 inch cables for all you folks running the rifle length mrp. now waiting till payday for index clips and xtm panels and im done pic when i get home from work tonight.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:08:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mark5pt56] [#35]
WORKI IN PROGRESS, Unless I'm wrong, design, etc in this undustry is wide open from the patent standpoint, change a stitch, add one, type, change a zipper and you are free––I want some free ones when they are made!

Ok, started scribling down some idea's to start. Once I do get the spare 6.8 barrel in, I will lay everything out on some paper, trace it and decide the configuration of the pouches, etc. Now, detail will dictate cost on this and design ease, modularity, etc.

I think when designed as a "kit" a two sided case that has a central zippered opening for both sides that when unzipped, fold flat with the orientation of both sideS facing "outward". Which means when carried, both sides will face "up".

Let's refer to side #1 for the weapon, to maximize space, will start with a 36" x 12" to allow a collapsing  Crane/lLMTstock and up to 18" barrel.

Side # 2 will be for accessories.

Side 1 will consist of loop surface to allow for customization depending on weapon configuration and other items carried. For instance if youR rig is an A2 stock with 18" barrel, you can break it down and still fit it in.

Side 2-for cost I was thinking of certain pouches being fixed. this means that it would be a lot cheaper to sew two panels together vs. making individual ones.

Idea for barrel pouches, two sizes and expandable via a velcro flap similiar to the ones used in some mag pouches(adjustable lids) with maybe integral spare bolt pouch. 12-16" and 16-20". If one spare barrel carried, the smaller one can be for the torque wrench.

Ok, layout
1. Weapon SIDE 1
2.Bipod SIDE 1
3. Optic(s) SIDE 1
4.Magazine(s) one in SIDE 1 (4A), spares in SIDE 2(4B)
5. Light (G2/M600 max size) SIDE 1
6. Tools (torque wrench, etc.) SIDE 2
7. Cleaning (Otis type/size) SIDE 2
8. Barrel(s) SIDE 2 (8A/B)
9. Misc. (ammo/parts) SIDE 2
10. Sling SIDE 1

Basically, operational things in side 1 and support in 2.

Concerning side 2 and the fixed pouches, think of a pants leg with it's cargo pocket, just choose the size and sew the two panels together. Without a picture, imagine one side of #2 with two barrel pouches(8A/8B) stacked and two sized pouches(#6 & 7) on top of them, being approx 3" for each barrel and a 5-6" pouch height, 5-10" wide). The other side(right) could either be modular with loop material to allow for the mag pouches(4B) and misc pouch(9)

Of course, I will discuus all of this with the shop and work it out in regards to set up, etc. If the pouches are all hook backed, it would allow for you to buy them when you need them and adjust the case accordingly. On side 1 the hook strips and the backer plates with adjustable straps would be the best I think. Maybe even a pouch for optics. Any sensitive items could have 1/8 or 1/4" closed cell foam for padding.

Idea's?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#36]
WORKI IN PROGRESS, Unless I'm wrong, design, etc in this undustry is wide open from the patent standpoint, change a stitch, add one, type, change a zipper and you are free––I want some free ones when they are made!

Ok, started scribling down some idea's to start. Once I do get the spare 6.8 barrel in, I will lay everything out on some paper, trace it and decide the configuration of the pouches, etc. Now, detail will dictate cost on this and design ease, modularity, etc.

I think when designed as a "kit" a two sided case that has a central zippered opening for both sides that when unzipped, fold flat with the orientation of both sideS facing "outward". Which means when carried, both sides will face "up".

Let's refer to side #1 for the weapon, to maximize space, will start with a 36" x 12" to allow a collapsing  Crane/lLMTstock and up to 18" barrel.

Side # 2 will be for accessories.

Side 1 will consist of loop surface to allow for customization depending on weapon configuration and other items carried. For instance if youR rig is an A2 stock with 18" barrel, you can break it down and still fit it in.

Side 2-for cost I was thinking of certain pouches being fixed. this means that it would be a lot cheaper to sew two panels together vs. making individual ones.

Idea for barrel pouches, two sizes and expandable via a velcro flap similiar to the ones used in some mag pouches(adjustable lids) with maybe integral spare bolt pouch. 12-16" and 16-20". If one spare barrel carried, the smaller one can be for the torque wrench.

Ok, layout
1. Weapon SIDE 1
2.Bipod SIDE 1
3. Optic(s) SIDE 1
4.Magazine(s) one in SIDE 1 (4A), spares in SIDE 2(4B)
5. Light (G2/M600 max size) SIDE 1
6. Tools (torque wrench, etc.) SIDE 2
7. Cleaning (Otis type/size) SIDE 2
8. Barrel(s) SIDE 2 (8A/B)
9. Misc. (ammo/parts) SIDE 2
10. Sling SIDE 1

Basically, operational things in side 1 and support in 2.

Concerning side 2 and the fixed pouches, think of a pants leg with it's cargo pocket, just choose the size and sew the two panels together. Without a picture, imagine one side of #2 with two barrel pouches(8A/8B) stacked and two sized pouches(#6 & 7) on top of them, being approx 3" for each barrel and a 5-6" pouch height, 5-10" wide). The other side(right) could either be modular with loop material to allow for the mag pouches(4B) and misc pouch(9)

Of course, I will discuus all of this with the shop and work it out in regards to set up, etc. If the pouches are all hook backed, it would allow for you to buy them when you need them and adjust the case accordingly. On side 1 the hook strips and the backer plates with adjustable straps would be the best I think. Maybe even a pouch for optics. Any sensitive items could have 1/8 or 1/4" closed cell foam for padding.

Idea's?

Sure I do pal

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Nice stuff!

I checked with ADCO, they do not ream 6.8 barrels, didn't say why. Va. Arms will offer this service, don't know what the charge is though.

I have a part time Tu/Wed night and should have time and  I hope to start sketching out some ideas for a dedicated case, maybe next week go to the local tactical store to discuss it with them. It's local shop called Vel-Tye.

I think if it's made well, modular to an extent, alot of people will pay a reasonable rate for something like this.

Mark

Oh yeah I forgot to respond to this.....If ADCO, arguably the best place to get barrel mods done with will not ream these 6.8 barrels that should say everything that needs to be said about reaming them in the first place.  After hearing that, no doubt I would not ream these mrp 6.8s, and for whatever reason ADCO wont touch them, I am inclined to believe its for a good reason.  Oh how the 6.8 bewilders the crap outta me
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm gonna repost since these were on the last page og part 2.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#39]

Great kit as usual.  IM sent.

Cheers

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#40]

That's still a BAD ASS setup!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Trident, Looks like you want one to carry 2 weapons and extra stuff? I won't have time until next week to get some poster board, lay out some things and trace it out. I'll "make" pouches, etc out of another color to "shape" and move around the poster board, sized to the dimensions.

This will take time and I guess depending on who makes it, the cost, etc will be dependant on how many they think they can make. I'm not getting into any type of number gathering, etc. i would expect the cost to be a bit more than a normal case, we will see.

I've been a busy boy––next week you will see the incubation period of 2 MRP's that had to much time on their hands!

Mark
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:02:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#42]
I think its the best route for as with the next full yr. I will have added two lmt mono rail guns with the cqb and mws and so a kit featuring the ability to run something liked Armedsuspects mws and cqb or two rifle lengths or a rifle length and cqb...etc. would be ideal for myself and think most of you guys as you just mentioned, you got another in the works

What do think about a two rifle gun option?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:03:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mark5pt56] [#43]
I'll have to lay out the patterns and idea's to see what the best options are. I guess the big thing will be how many can they make and is it worth their while. Unless there will be a bunch of them most places won't touch it.

I do think it's possible to get something done, we'll see!

London Bridege Trading did make a nice case long ago that was made to carry up to 4 short barrel blasters, had 4 compartments, zippered. I think it wa sa contract item over run that I grabbed from them and ended up trading it and regretting it. That would've carried two broken down plus some loose items in pouches as it didn't have tie downs, molle, etc.

So two options
1-One weapon and related equipment
2-Two weapons and related equipment

I would like to consider the big bore next year also, it's a hard sell for me since I have the bolt guns.

My only concern with a two weapon case is the weight and size starts creaping up there. I have seen some of the deep Pelican cases to where someone made two "platforms" The top one had pull handles and a plywood base which was padded to protect the top of the bottom platform. They used closed cell foam custom cut to hold specific items. Tons of options.

And wouldn't you know, I have a 1650 which I had 8 pieces of pick and pluck which I gave away! Could've used that to experiment, dang
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:14:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#44]
Yeah, I only have a cpl. nice hunting bolt guns....nothing even close to fill tactical applications so the MWS is easy to do for me.

This soon to be MWS is gonna be my first attempt at the LR game and I had said in another thread the other day that before plans of this .260 rem MWS I thought LR meant ringing steel with my SPR at 600yds.....now with the prospect of having a gun that can easily reach out past 1000yds to compliment the CQB and Rifle length MRPs, these things will eventually be my whole damn armory, not just a system, platform or kit...seriously

eta...I agree that size is a concern in terms actually portability but dimensions wise you might as well since a one rifle carrying system only needs to be 15" or so and that would bunch all your mrp gear up then I would think.

In terms of how many units in order for someone to do.....that is why in Mark we trust as this is not an easy thing to do.  I felt my design above would work for any two rifle storage solution as I started a thread awhile back in the accessories forum requesting some suggestions on a two rifle solution and got one reply IIrc and that a cool thing but def. not what I had in mind...it was a hardware or tool bag with a divider which looked actually good but not really my speed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:40:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mark5pt56] [#45]
Ok, maybe the best option is to do a three compartment case, similiar to any typical padded weapons case now available. Molle rows on two and loop on the third for accesories. Have a system of tie downs for the molle and hook/loop versions at various lengths and configuartions. Instead of or in addition to a set sized case, a "pad" that is removable from the tie down to wrap around an item, these can be various lengths to accomodate different sizes.

Maybe just do all loop and leave it all to the end user that way all pouches, tie downs etc can be used wherever.

I think that the barrel sleeves need to be padded,like the muzzle protectors BHI or Eagle makes

progress!

ok,

m
need length of certain items

18" 5.56 w/ Crane stock both collapsed
16" 7.62 w/ Crane stock
consider the ext/g tube and muzzle device for barrels
10.5 barrel
12.5 barrel
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#46]
I finnaly got out with the 10.5" MRP and AAC can today.  About 600 rounds, both semi and full, and I am amazed at how nice this things shoots.  The balance is great, and the follow ups are easier than ever.  With the can, it is like shooting a paintball gun, I am amazed at the reoil reduction.  This is easily the nicest setup I have fired.  Sully's Grail comes in second, but is not a fair comparison.  I can't say enough about the MRP platform.  Now hopefully I can sneek in another 500+ rounds tommorow between quals...............
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 3BP:
I finnaly got out with the 10.5" MRP and AAC can today.  About 600 rounds, both semi and full, and I am amazed at how nice this things shoots.  The balance is great, and the follow ups are easier than ever.  With the can, it is like shooting a paintball gun, I am amazed at the reoil reduction.  This is easily the nicest setup I have fired.  Sully's Grail comes in second, but is not a fair comparison.  I can't say enough about the MRP platform.  Now hopefully I can sneek in another 500+ rounds tommorow between quals...............

Which AAC can were you using? TIA
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:33:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duggan] [#48]

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 3BP:

LOVE THIS STUFF....damn I drooled on description of the 10.5" w. AAC can, that sounds as good as it gets!!.....which model AAC do you own and are you gonna make us ask for multiple pictures or what
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:19:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#50]

That sir is beautiful and perfectly executed, how are you liking your lt724/t1....I will have to get another eventually as its such a fantastic addition to precision based ARs.
Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 2 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top