Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2010 9:48:13 AM EDT
Does anyone have experience with Jard triggers?

Link
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a guy at my local range that shoots the club's AR match monthly with a custom M4 and he has one of these triggers.....he is very happy with it (single stage adj.) hasn't had any problems with it either. I fired a few rounds out of it and it was a good trigger.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 2 stage adjustable in mine and it works for me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:55:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I installed a jard single stage in one of my builds a few years ago.  I hated it.   It was nice as far as trigger function, but I dont consider it a safe design as it relies on non harden allen screw to put the gun on safe.  I also had numerous times of doubles and triples.  I think that was more due to me not having the trigger set  correctly.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Jard 2-stage adjustable.  It has a very nice feel and breaks very sharply off the second stage.  It's a bit tricky to adjust though.  Mine doubles occasionally with a light hold while shooting from the standing position.  You need to crank in a bit more disconnector engagement to stop it.  Pull adjustment is accomplished by changing disco springs.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I had one sold it...just too many issues w/ doubles...no place in my collection...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#6]
have one now, will be selling it soon to someone with more time on their hands, and more patience, far too many doubles.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:02:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Personally, if you want a two-stage trigger, dollar for dollar, you will be hard pressed to find a better trigger than a Rock River Arms two-stage trigger.  I believe them to be a very good value.

What about the Geissele SSA-E?

J

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:28:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I've had Jard single stage nonadjustable, single stage adjustable and two stage adjustable triggers.

The single stage adjustable is fine, relatively inexpensive and has been absolutely reliable through about 5000 rounds. It's not as crispy as my Wilson TTU, but it doesn't cost anywhere near as much and is a huge improvement over stock.

The others (adjustables) have been sold.

Ditto what Superior Barrels said - the Geissele is the superior trigger.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a Jard single stage non adjustable one in 2 pound version.  It has worked great for a couple thousand rounds.  Mine will give the illusion of a double tap, but actually it is a light short pull, which makes it real easy to bump fire if you don't hold it correctly.  It never does it with me, my wife holds it kind of limply and always goes off a couple at a time.  It is really a bump fire it's just easier with a short light trigger pull.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:01:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Personally, if you want a two-stage trigger, dollar for dollar, you will be hard pressed to find a better trigger than a Rock River Arms two-stage trigger.  I believe them to be a very good value.

What about the Geissele SSA-E?

J

If you find the comparison of cost to benefit acceptable, then the Geissele SSA-E is for you.

Just installed a SSA-E on my SAM-R.

Pure awesomeness for a non-ajustable trigger.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Got it put in tonight. It is an improvement, still some creep in the take up. Will see how it is after a trip to the range tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top