Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2006 2:12:29 PM EDT
I am now in the process of finding out which stock I want for my 16" weapon.  I have narrowed it down to either the Magpul or the LMT Crane stock.  I do not really like the way the magpul looks compared to the Crane.  How is the quality of each.  I have read the thread on the collapsible stocks, but everything in there kind of contradicted on another.  Since I am narrowing it down to which one I want, can you please give some insight?  I need the complete stock with buffer, spring, etc since I have a stripped Fulton ARmory lower.  Both will work with that, correct?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#1]
+1 for the Magpul. This stock is tight with no rattles and has an excellent cheek weld. better get one while you can
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I keep hearing that there are issues with the magpul buffer tube.  Does it come with one or do I have to buy one seperate?  I kind of like the look of the crane stock better, and I read a lot of good stuff here about them, and it seems like a lot of guys have them on their rifles.   How is the buffer issue with the crane?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#3]
magpul comes with an integral buffer tube no issues with the buffer tube that I have experienced or heard of
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#4]
The Magpul is a very well built stock but I would pick the Crane over it just about every time.  I just really like the cheek weld I get from a Crane which makes it more comfortable to shoot
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Ace skeleton!

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:56:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
+1 for the Magpul. This stock is tight with no rattles and has an excellent cheek weld. better get one while you can

Everything he said. However if you can't stand the looks of it go with the Crane, it'll serve you well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top