Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 11:41:15 AM EDT
Looking at buying CMMG uppers & lowers. How does this forum view products from CMMG?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I've always heard good things about them, but after shooting with someone this weekend that just bought one of their uppers that failed to function properly, I'm a little wary. Problem was found to be a missing roll pin to stake the gas tube in the front sight base. These things can happen, but it does create alot of frustration at the range. I'm waiting to hear how they handle it before passing judgement.

I bought an upper from another sponsored vendor, the barrel was not tight. I shipped it back and they made it all good and sent a check for shipping. That is good support, but you would think that they would have found the error during inspection and test fire. I know mistakes happen, so I tend to judge them by how they resolve their mistakes.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:03:53 PM EDT
[#2]
they started out as pretty much a parts assembly outlet for DPMS stuff...

I recently tried to send a customer to them (I can not make individual sales) and was not at all happy with the way they handled things.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, this is the first negative comment I haver heard about CMMG. I am new to the forum, but have always been amazed at how polite and helpful CMMG is at gun shows. They got me interested in the AR market. I will have to keep an eye on this thread. Mistakes happen and they seem like great guys to deal with.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've always heard good things about them, but after shooting with someone this weekend that just bought one of their uppers that failed to function properly, I'm a little wary. Problem was found to be a missing roll pin to stake the gas tube in the front sight base. These things can happen, but it does create alot of frustration at the range. I'm waiting to hear how they handle it before passing judgement.

I bought an upper from another sponsored vendor, the barrel was not tight. I shipped it back and they made it all good and sent a check for shipping. That is good support, but you would think that they would have found the error during inspection and test fire. I know mistakes happen, so I tend to judge them by how they resolve their mistakes.

CMMG appologized and overnighted a roll pin to him. They stated that there should not be any damage to the gas tube. He has not shot the upper yet, maybe this weekend, hopefully this will take care of the problem.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I am waiting for my 16inch middy barrel from them, I have only heard good things about them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:38:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got a 14.5" midlength barrel from them, no complaints here.  Quick shipping and a good variety of barrels and parts.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:09:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one of their lower. Great stuff !!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:40:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I like my 20" govt A2 upper from CMMG.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#10]
what do you mean "nevermind", come on give it up....
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Excellent stuff--Excellent customer service

As soon as get some more cash i,ll be buying another rifle from them
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#12]
+1 CMMG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top