Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 10:15:43 AM EDT
Are the D-FENDER rings and rate reducing buffers that are being sold through Brownells nockoffs? They're being sold under the name Armforte, who are they? Are MGI and Armforte the same

Also what is the weight of the MGI rate reducing buffers for both carbine and rifle?

And is it bad to use Wolff extra power extractor springs and black buffer inserts when using the D-RING?

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Are the D-FENDER rings and rate reducing buffers that are being sold through Brownells nockoffs? They're being sold under the name Armforte, who are they? Are MGI and Armforte the same

Also what is the weight of the MGI rate reducing buffers for both carbine and rifle?

And is it bad to use Wolff extra power extractor springs and black buffer inserts when using the D-RING?

Thanks for any info.

I'm not Tom (twl), but I can answer your questions, as I have the MGI components that you are asking about.

Armforte and MGI buffers are the same; Armforte is the old name.

I'm pretty sure that the MGI buffers weigh around 7.9 ounces. To use the carbine buffer in a rifle, all you do is add a polymer spacer (which weighs about zero).

I personally use a Wolf HD extractor spring with a D-Fender in my registered M16 and have no problems whatsoever.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:11:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for any info.

I'm not Tom (twl), but I can answer your questions, as I have the MGI components that you are asking about.

Armforte and MGI buffers are the same; Armforte is the old name.

I'm pretty sure that the MGI buffers weigh around 7.9 ounces. To use the carbine buffer in a rifle, all you do is add a polymer spacer (which weighs about zero).

I personally use a Wolf HD extractor spring with a D-Fender in my registered M16 and have no problems whatsoever.

Thank you!

One more thing, what does the "HD" in Wolff "HD" extractor spring mean? I just thought it was called a Wolff extra power extractor spring.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
One more thing, what does the "HD" in Wolff "HD" extractor spring mean? I just thought it was called a Wolff extra power extractor spring.  

Heavy duty.

Wolff's website calls them extra power, but many here refer to them as HD.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heavy duty.

Wolff's website calls them extra power, but many here refer to them as HD.

Now I get it! Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top