Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2003 7:40:38 PM EDT
I am in the process of building another M4, but of a different flavor.  After a RIS, then RAS2, I decided to buy my first SIR.  This 58mod is mounted on a new LMT 14.5" upper.  The upper comes from LMT with M4 extended feedramps, and the barrel is chrome lined.

I am putting different optics on the upper to see what I like best.  Here is a TA11 with 19S mount:

SIR58mod with a RAS II.  If I can get together with Duffy, I think some photos next to his RAS-MRE would be a better comparison.

It is all available from MSTN , even the cool and comfortable 12-mag London Bridge Trading chest pouch.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet [:D]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice indeed [:d] Looks like you need a BUIS on the RASII [;)]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Excellent pics!  I think a good comparison to the #58MOD would be the Daniel Defense 9.5 FSP.  They both are similar in that the rails extend to surround the front sight base/gas block, but do not go past it.  I would also like to see a comparison between the two versions of the MRE and the DD 12.0 FSP.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:48:08 PM EDT
[#4]
knightone yer trying to make us go broke? (not that either one of us NEED more temptations [:d])  We're now taking donations [:)]
My next upper will be DD equipped, but I hate chopping the FSB off barrels, and you know it doesn't stop there.  Once I have the new upper I have to get a new ACOG, SureFire, foregrip, etc., before I know it it'd cost 2K for a little project [>(]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
knightone yer trying to make us go broke? (not that either one of us NEED more temptations [:d])  We're now taking donations [:)]
My next upper will be DD equipped, but I hate chopping the FSB off barrels, and you know it doesn't stop there.  Once I have the new upper I have to get a new ACOG, SureFire, foregrip, etc., before I know it it'd cost 2K for a little project [>(]
View Quote

Yes!  I demand that you, Kisara, SMGLee, and Troy spend all your money on AR accessories and give full reports on them so I don't end up wasting money on things I don't need or won't like when I get my hands on them.  [+]:D]

Seriously, though you guys have influenced a lot of my purchases and I appreciate it whenver you show off your wares.  I also hate you guys for it as it causes me to spend more money!  In fact, Duffy, it was your MRE that broke the camel's back and convinced me to get one from Wes. I haven't mounted it yet, but it looks like a pretty good rig already.  For that, I thank you sir. [hail2]  So thank you Kisara, Duffy and the rest of the AR gurus!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:33:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey kisara...

Im thinking about a KAC RAS2 for my new build.
Does it give the acog enough breathing room on the upper? I would be worried about eye releife on different acogs. Without enough room, I might have to sacrifice a BUIS to make up for eye releife. Cant have that!

BTW Nice Avatar.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:57:32 AM EDT
[#7]
knife, here's a pic that will illustrate and answer your question:
[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid35/pffcffcffff9f50f043093ca386d5e104/fd2ae503.jpg[/img]

I was one of the early adopters when it first came out.  I didn't have an Aimpoint back then so the value of the hump was largely lost on me.  Kinf of wished KAC would make a RASII without the hump.  FF RAS would be the ticket but for those that have permanently installed brake or flash suppressor, FF RAS means a lot of work.

knightone, I'm far from a guru, just an enthusiast [:d] glad to be of service to folks that have taught me so much.  My decision to finally get a FF RAS MRE was also based on seeing someone's set up, namely SMGLee's.  Of the RIS, RAS, RASII, RAS M5, FF RAS for rifle, and FF RAS MRE, the MRE is my favorite, for looks alone it's just got a unique and mean appearance, more so than the rifle length FF RAS mounted on a carbine barrel [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top