Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/4/2003 9:32:38 AM EDT
Hey everybody, I'm looking for parts for my next AR. Trying to find a Rock River complete upper with a chrome lined, M4 profile 16" barrell, and an A2 upper(non-detachable handle). I know a place or two had these a few months ago, but I can't find any now. If it comes to it I suppose I'll go with a Bushmaster, but I've gotten partial to RR. So does what I'm looking for still exist? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:13:02 AM EDT
I was under the impression that the Wilson barrels in RRA uppers were not chrome lined. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:36:25 AM EDT
RRA R4 (M4 Profile) barrels are available as a chrome lined for an extra $35. They are also available as a Stainless barrel with a 1:8 twist. Adcofirearms advertises 'design it yourself' M4 uppers on his website. Good prices, too.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:55:31 AM EDT
Adco or Pete in NH can make your upper.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:04:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/4/2003 11:05:58 AM EDT by CJan_NH]
RRA R4 (M4 Profile) barrels are available as a chrome lined for an extra $35. They are also available as a Stainless barrel with a 1:8 twist.
View Quote
Where can you find them? On RRA's site all I see are Chrome-Moly Steel and Stainless steel. Do you have to have someone like Adco build it custom for you? Edit: Just checked Adco and answered my own question.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:20:00 AM EDT
Go to the Rock River site and be sure to refresh. They re-did their site a few weeks ago, but I still had to manually refresh to get to it. When you look at the options for uppers, barrels or complete rifles, you will see the Chrome Lined option.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:30:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By giffmann: Go to the Rock River site and be sure to refresh. They re-did their site a few weeks ago, but I still had to manually refresh to get to it. When you look at the options for uppers, barrels or complete rifles, you will see the Chrome Lined option.
View Quote
[b]YES!![/b] [:D] Thank you! "Chrome Lined R-4 Barrel Assembly, 16'' CAR, Pre-Ban"
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:59:17 AM EDT
I have a RRA M4 upper and the barrel is chrome lined , it is $35.00 more from Rock River. It took about 2 weeks to get it but it was worth the wait, plus the people at RRA are very good to deal with. It is also heavy profile under the handguards , not thin like the others.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:25:48 PM EDT
All right guys. Thanks for the info, guess when the time comes I'll be gettin' one built.
Top Top