Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2003 9:32:38 AM EDT
   Hey everybody, I'm looking for parts for my next AR. Trying to find a Rock River complete upper with a chrome lined, M4 profile 16" barrell, and an A2 upper(non-detachable handle). I know a place or two had these a few months ago, but I can't find any now. If it comes to it I suppose I'll go with a Bushmaster, but I've gotten partial to RR. So does what I'm looking for still exist? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I was under the impression that the Wilson barrels in RRA uppers were not chrome lined.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#2]
RRA R4 (M4 Profile) barrels are available as a chrome lined for an extra $35.  They are also available as a Stainless barrel with a 1:8 twist.

Adcofirearms advertises 'design it yourself' M4 uppers on his website.  Good prices, too.

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Adco or Pete in NH can make your upper.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#4]
RRA R4 (M4 Profile) barrels are available as a chrome lined for an extra $35. They are also available as a Stainless barrel with a 1:8 twist.
View Quote

Where can you find them? On RRA's site all I see are Chrome-Moly Steel and Stainless steel.

Do you have to have someone like Adco build it custom for you?

Edit: Just checked Adco and answered my own question.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Go to the Rock River site and be sure to refresh.  They re-did their site a few weeks ago, but I still had to manually refresh to get to it.  When you look at the options for uppers, barrels or complete rifles, you will see the Chrome Lined option.

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:30:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Go to the Rock River site and be sure to refresh.  They re-did their site a few weeks ago, but I still had to manually refresh to get to it.  When you look at the options for uppers, barrels or complete rifles, you will see the Chrome Lined option.

View Quote

[b]YES!![/b] [:D]

Thank you!

"Chrome Lined R-4 Barrel Assembly, 16'' CAR, Pre-Ban"
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a RRA M4 upper and the barrel is chrome lined , it is $35.00 more from Rock River. It took about 2 weeks to get it but it was worth the wait, plus the people at RRA are very good to deal with. It is also heavy profile under the handguards , not thin like the others.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#8]
All right guys. Thanks for the info, guess when the time comes I'll be gettin' one built.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top