Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2003 6:13:10 AM EDT
I recently bought a pre-ban barrel, but the threads are worn for the flash suppressor. Does anyone know the size of the die required to clean up the threads? It looks like a 1/2" by 32 or 36 TPI. Any help???
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:18:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:24:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't remember the size, but Brownells sells the die. If you got an old catalog laying around you could probably find the size in there.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:35:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Make sure you have the correct flash hider for that barrel thread pattern. The 7.62X39 barrels and flash hiders are threaded differently than the .223/5.56 barrels and flash hiders.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:33:38 AM EDT
[#4]
TheRicker is correct.

.223 barrels are 1/2" x 28 tpi

Brownells has the taps/dies, or you can get them at a machine-shop/industrial supply store or specialty fastener dealer.
I got mine from [url]www.mscdirect.com[/url] for a lot less that Brownells. McMaster-Carr, Fastenal or Grainger should have them as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top