Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2003 6:46:05 PM EDT
Anyone tried one of these?
Do they require any typed of trigger or buffer mods?

It's a complete upper, and looks intresting...
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't tried the CZ upper, but I do have the DPMS conversion.  Mine doesn't require any buffer mod, and I can't imagine the CZ upper would either.  As far as triggers:  DPMS recommends against match triggers because of the light mainsprings prevalent in them.  If my reasoning is correct, this should be true with all .22 uppers due to the nature of the rimfire case.  I used a JARD trigger (read: VERY LIGHT) in mine and it seemed to work fine, only four misfires out of over 300 rounds.

As far as interesting: A .22 AR is more fun than one should be allowed to have.  Cheap shooting, low noise, and negligible recoil.  Surprisingly, these things attract curious shooters like a roadkill attracts flies.  Everyone sees a .223 AR, but the noise just isn't there (put a fake suppressor on it and you'll REALLY have everyone floored).

SO:  By all means, get the CZ upper (or better yet, the DPMS) and have yourself a blast on the cheap!
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#2]
  Where I can I see a picture of one of these CZ .22 uppers?
Is there a webpage or can you tell me where I can check them out?   I'm interested in buying a dedicated .22 upper for my AR and would like to check it out.
Thanks!
JD

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Do a serch for CZ and see what turns up.
Mine is a 16" flat top with a weaver base and  meaver base front.
I'm gonna see how it comes apart tonight..
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Last I checked, both [url]www.jgsales.com[/url] and dillon precision are carrying CZ V22 uppers.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked it it up, and fired it yesterday at work.

Functions pretty good, had 3 failures, but it is brand new, so I'll with hold any negatives about it.

Just need to get a sight and get the barrel threaded for a flash hider (and suppressor down the road...).
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:15:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I had one of these when they were first imported by the gun in TX with the strippers running the office.

The magazines were horrible and the rifle would not function properly.  If the mags are the same expect trouble.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 2:16:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I had one of these when they were first imported by the gun in TX with the strippers running the office.-- Chuck
View Quote

Now this sounds like an interesting workplace environment! [:D]
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#8]
The CZ upper I have been playing with is very accurate and surprisingly reliable.  It functions great with a Jewell trigger, using high vel., standard vel, and even subsonic ammo.  This model is probably 2 years old and has a heavy stainless 20" barrel.  I don't know if the current models use the same action or mags, but the new importer says they will be getting the 20" models in the future.  Both of my Ceiner coversions are very reliable, even in full auto, but won't work with anything but high vel. ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top