Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/29/2003 5:32:15 AM EDT
I ordered a new upper from Model 1 on Tues. @ 5:30 pm est. and recieved it Weds. morning (the next day!). I talked to Brian at model 1 and he was very nice and helpful in answering my questions. I got a post ban flat top with 16" lightweight barrel, picatanny gas block and free float tube. It looks great and the fit on my Bushmaster lower is supurb (color too). If it shoots as good as it looks, I'll be more then pleased. I've got rings ordered and a 6.5-20 Leupold on hand to use to test accruacy and work up a hand load. It'll probably end up wearing a 3-9 Burris I've got for hunting. My exerience with model 1 has been great so far.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 11:07:59 AM EDT
Update to previous post: I slapped on a 6.5-20 leupold on the upper to test accuracy and develope some loads for it. I had some Black Hills reman. 50gr V-max and Winchester value pack 45gr. hp factory ammo laying around and used it for break in and to see what it's potenial was. The remanufactured 50 gr. V-max ammo shot the best hovering right around 1'-1 1/4" five shot groups. I've got some hand loads worked up that I'll try soon. So far I'm quite happy. As a side note-it is funny how quickly this 16" pencil barrel heats up, especially compared to my Rem 700 varmint rifle. I sure do like the weight of it though!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:25:16 PM EDT
Sounds like a good purchase McDuff. I got my Model 1 lightweight A3 CAR kit a couple weeks ago but haven't been able to shoot it yet. Waiting on the powers that be of Massachusetts to send me my firearms license before I can buy the lower and fire away! I'm getting tired of waiting and it keeps my spirits up to hear that your similar Model 1 kit is working out for you. Now you just need to post some pics! J
Top Top