Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2003 3:52:50 PM EDT
After replacing the standard triggers in two of my Eagle Arms lowers with the RRA Match type and recently purchasing two mighty fine lowers, Mega and Stinger (from Iblis). I now have two spare complete fire control groups, one is no name and one Armalite and no other lower parts for them.

My question... Is there anywhere that I can purchase two lower receiver parts kits less the FCG's. I sure hate to pick through and order the individual pieces separately.

Or, would I be better off selling said as new FCG's in the EE and getting complete Lower Kits?

What would a FCG be worth anyway on the EE?

As usual, thanks for your input. You guys RULE!

MM419

Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I got more hammers, triggers and disconnector then I care to count.  I keep parts just in case.  Troy is right, keep it for parts, maybe one day you might want to build another lower or rifle.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Good advise, thanks Guys. The spares won't work in my Colt Pre-Bans, so that leaves the Oly Car-15 to keep them for and other lowers if I get more. Now to figure out who's Lower Parts Kits are the Best.

MM419
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 10:00:24 AM EDT
[#4]
"Now to figure out who's Lower Parts Kits are the Best"

One answer. Bushmaster's.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#5]
My Armalite lower parts kit went together with a plastic punch and a small brass hammer, fwiw.
The springs were all the correct length, AND you could tell them apart hehehe...not like some kits I've seen.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I second Armalite.  I have ordered mine from Quantico down in your neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:05:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm a HUGE Bushmaster fan.  However, I've used Rock River Arms kits on two lowers now and am convinced that's the best kit for the money.  The quality between the Bushmaster kit and RRA kit was the same, but the RRA kit is cheaper.  You should be able to pick one up for ~$55.  I think I saw an add on the board today (Denny's Guns maybe?) for RRA kits SHIPPED for $54 or $55 with $1.00 going to ARFCOM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top