Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2003 1:47:02 PM EDT
I'd like to camo an AR-15 I use for coyote hunting. What are my options? I think Armalite sells the forarm/butstock/pistol grip in various camo schemes so that is a start. what about the rest of the gun like the upper and lower receivers and the barrel? Is camo tape a good option that doesnt cost too much as compared to sending the whole gun off to someone to have a professional job done? If I do send the whole gun off for a camo paint job, who would be a good choice to do that type of work?
sorry for all the questions, but i'm in the dark but want to know all about applying camo to a rifle, and am hoping some of you experts can tell me how you've dressed up your black rifle...

TIA
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#1]
[url=lauerweaponry.com]Lauer Weoponry[/url]

[url=nouglyguns.com]No Ugly Guns[/url]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#2]
These guys will camo your stock, handguards and pistolgrip to just about any camo pattern there is.  They don't do entire guns, though.  

[url]http://www.camotech.com/catalog.htm[/url]

TS
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#3]
You could camo the rifle yourself.  It just depends on what you are after.  In my opinion, most commercial type camo patterns are not very effective and distances over 50 yards, the patterns are too tight and busy. They look cool up close, but when you are farther away the look like a blob.  I would suggest experimenting with different type of patterns on cardboard with some cheap Krylon camo paint.  Take the cardboard out in the field and look at it at various distances and note it's effectivness.  If you can come up with an effective pattern then do it your self, if not, you are only out $10 in paint and you can send it out to a "professional".  Some of the most effective (not the coolest looking) camo jobs were done with camo spraypaint.  When you scratch it, so what spray it again.  I use camo tape for smaller parts of the rifle like optics or spotting scopes.  Check out some of the pics on the web of military operators in the field, you won't find many "professional" camo jobs.  Just my .02.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:22:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's another thread on Camo'd AR15's...

[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=163877&w=myTopicPop[/url]

TS
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:43:40 AM EDT
[#5]
[url=http://www.trebark.com/second_skin]SECOND SKIN[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top