Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/13/2003 2:48:55 AM EDT
How does the DPMS FFRS stand against the KAC FF RAS?

TS
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:39:36 AM EDT
Hell of a lot less expensive! It's basically just a lightened free-float tube with pic rails bolted on at 3-6-9-12 o'clock. No big deal. I have one on one of my M4s and it's worked just fine. Couple problems I noticed - the rail height on the tube is marginally higher than on the flat-top. Not a big deal the way I have my gun set up, but it would preclude installation of a "bridging" mount such as the ARMS SPR rail. Also, I had to remove the rear rail mounting screw on top in order to clear the gas tube. I currently don't have anything mounted on the top rail, but I ran an Aimpoint out there for awhile and didn't have any problems with loosening or shifting (rail still has 3 mounting screws holding it on). All in all, I think they're a good deal at $100-150. Mine's done everything I needed it to do. Had I to do it over again, though, I might look at the similar product from KKF - he can custom build your tube with rails as long as and wherever you might want 'em, for about the same $$.
Top Top