Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/11/2003 11:44:27 PM EDT
[quote="TigerStripe"][quote="M4arc"]Very nice rifle Lumpy!

TigerStripe, I'm building a similar M4 but I started with a preban SGW rcvr that I had remanutured and a 14.5" 1/7 chrome-lined DPMS upper. Here's what I have in it so far:

remanufactured lower $115

Remanufactured? What do they do to the lower?

TS

[quote="Stickman"]Olympic Arms will destroy the old one and make a new one with the same serial numbers. Pretty nice deal if you screwed up your old preban lower, or just had something happen to it.

[quote="TigerStripe"]I wonder if they'd make me a new one for my SP1 lower?

TS
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:55:34 AM EDT
more info and pic if possible please?Is this a complete lower?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:13:33 AM EDT
The original manufacturer can replace a damaged receiver (except for machineguns) with one bearing the same serial number, and if it was a pre-ban grandfathered "SAAW", it will still be pre-ban. Oly (formerly SGW) will do this as a matter of course, so you can now have a BRAND-NEW pre-ban lower receiver for a bit over $100. You could even get them to remake your preban lower in titanium. Colt doesn't like to do this, but has done it on some occasions. I believe Bushmaster and Eagle Arms (now Armalite) have also done this. DPMS will probably do it as well. I think all the other pre-ban manufacturers are out of business, so Essential Arms, PWA, Rock Island Arsenal, Frankford Arsenal, etc cannot be replaced/remanufactured like that any more.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:47:20 PM EDT
That is interesting... I wonder if colt would do this with one of their old flat side lowers in order to get the raised fence? Hummmm the things that make you go hummmmmm IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:10:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By IPSC_GUY: That is interesting... I wonder if colt would do this with one of their old flat side lowers in order to get the raised fence? Hummmm the things that make you go hummmmmm IPSC_GUY sends
View Quote
That's my idea.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:12:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Medic-1: more info and pic if possible please?Is this a complete lower?
View Quote
It's a complete SP1. I want a pre-ban, raised fence,all standard holes & pins lower. TS
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:29:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/12/2003 5:31:36 PM EDT by Troy]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:26:56 PM EDT
Colt just loves its customers. TS
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:42:02 PM EDT
Anyone know if DPMS does this ???
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:52:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cnatra: Anyone know if DPMS does this ???
View Quote
Post it in AR Discussions and here. You could post in the DPMS forum. Is there a DPMS forum? TS
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:50:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TigerStripe:
Originally Posted By cnatra: Anyone know if DPMS does this ???
View Quote
Post it in AR Discussions and here. You could post in the DPMS forum. Is there a DPMS forum? TS
View Quote
on my way to the DPMS forum now [:)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:00:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/17/2003 9:01:40 PM EDT by SUNDOG]
Colt could make a: 1) A good profit on reman. A-1 type lowers to A-2 standards. 2) ALOT of happy customers!!!! [beer] [party] I would be one 'em...what to do with a PreBan SP-1 / A-1 lower?? [:\]
Top Top