Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2003 12:35:19 PM EDT
How hard is it to replace the gas block on this DPMS LoPro Classic . . .

. . . with this block (made by DPMS)?

Can I do it myself or should I leave it to an expert?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
almost too easy...

I put one on my kid's LoPro Classic in about 10 minutes, and that was 5 minutes too long. Use a new roll pin for the gas tube, red loctite the set screws, and shoot it 'till it glows..
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
almost too easy...

I put one on my kid's LoPro Classic in about 10 minutes, and that was 5 minutes too long. Use a new roll pin for the gas tube, red loctite the set screws, and shoot it 'till it glows..
View Quote

Thanks.  I just did it myself.  Dang that was easy.  Can't believe I almost paid $25 to have that done.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:58:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
almost too easy...

View Quote

Thanks.  I just did it myself.  Dang that was easy.  Can't believe I almost paid $25 to have that done.
View Quote

Just be aware, you are probably now afflicted with The Disease...and there is NO cure!

The disease is generically known as the "Black Rifle Mods" disease and it is typically 'caught' when you realize just how easy it is to make modifications to AR-pattern rifles. You will become consumed with constant thoughts of "I can do this, and that, and thisandthisandthat...and this, too". The bad/good thing about it is that if you can hammer a nail into a wall without driving your thumb in too, you have the mechanical apptitude to do just about anything you want to an AR.

Don't fret though, you have plenty of company...me included.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top