Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/25/2003 4:23:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2003 4:35:05 PM EDT by shootusp]
I'm new to the AR world. I've tried to read every thread about the SIR that I could find. Yet, I still have some questions....Is there an advantage of the slimeline over the regular SIR system? What advantages/differences is there in the bi-level SIR over the standard one? How important is it to have the scope (aimpoint ml2) aligned with the front sight? Which scope bases go with the SIR/Aimpoint combo (that optimize the system the best)? Anything else I need to know that would be important!!

Many thanks from the ignorant!

PS who sells them at the best price??????????
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:05:05 AM EDT
[b]Is there an advantage of the slimeline over the regular SIR system? [\b] Slimeline and regular SIR all provide the free float platform. Slimeline is a bit lighter. Its diameter is a bit smaller. You will feel more compact as you are holding it. [b]What advantages/differences is there in the bi-level SIR over the standard one? [\b] You can put an eotech on the lower level. [b]How important is it to have the scope (aimpoint ml2) aligned with the front sight? [\b] be honest, it is not a must. For A2 upper, many people still put the scope on the carry handle. However, make the scope aligned with the front sight (cowitness) will lower your profile and zero your scope easier. [b]Which scope bases go with the SIR/Aimpoint combo (that optimize the system the best)? [\b] ARMS 22M68 on regular SIR. No spacer is needed.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:52:09 AM EDT
PS who sells them at the best price??????????
View Quote
[url]www.arizonagunrunners.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:08:35 PM EDT
www.kieslersonline.com I think is their site address! Got mine there for a good price. That was a year ago though!
Top Top