UID stickers (Page 9 of 11)
Page / 11
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CFDFFEMT:
Charliedeltajuliet is his username.
View Quote

Still no response to any of my emails.  Sent him a PM here on the site...

Several of us from work were putting a group order together, and we were going to sent him an excel spreadsheet rather than place individual orders...
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent him a message on IG. I’ll let you know if he responds back.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:37:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Guntoter] [#3]
Originally Posted By Akin:

My last email to him was on the 14th. No response yet.  

I’m gonna go see if there’s a phone number on the site.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By balane:
Anyone know if Carolina Laser Works is still up and running? I’ve sent several emails, but no one has responded over the past few weeks...

I ordered two decals from them 11 days ago and received both 4 days later which is typical of my experience with them.

My last email to him was on the 14th. No response yet.  

I’m gonna go see if there’s a phone number on the site.

Send him a message through Facebook or wherever he is at.  My emails to him go to his spam folder and apparently he doesn't check that folder.  I email my order then send him a Facebook messenger message.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 2:48:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Antonym4Infringe] [#4]
I didn’t know how much I needed these until I found this thread.

I mean, sure, I’ve seen these in pictures and on weapons I’ve handled at the SHOT Show, but I didn’t realize it was soemthing we could do on our own builds.

Questions:

Are these simply applied roughly to the center of the magwell, by eyeball, or are there specific measurements about where the top edge should be, etc.?

For truly custom builds, is there like an official, unofficial list of part numbers, or do you just use whatever is closest to what you’re making? I realize it doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, but if there’s an ARFCOM standard I’ll try to follow it.

If your lower isn’t from a company that has a cage code, do you just make one up, or is there an “other” code?  I mean, I’ve heard that some people make their own lowers, but still put info on them in case they ever decide to sell them in the future, so there will be a make, model, and serial number.

In the armed forces, is any attention paid to the fact that a lower can be attached to any upper?  So, if an M4 lower wound up with a Mk18 upper, would anyone bother to update the records and issue a new UID?

Is there any software that lets you use these to manage your own collection?

Thanks guys!
View Quote

did you ever get a reply to any of your questions? I have similar questions since I have a DD lower.. I know their cage code.. just wondering what would be the correct part number for a semi auto DD lower with a mk18 upper. Like is there a universal one in which it would still be "correct" if I were to switch the upper out to a longer barrel upper? ...the DD's serial # does start with M4XXXXX so do I use the M4 part... or do I use the M4A1 code since that's how they initially came about even though my lower only has a semi auto setting and not full auto? lol so many questions.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Antonym4Infringe:

did you ever get a reply to any of your questions? I have similar questions since I have a DD lower.. I know their cage code.. just wondering what would be the correct part number for a semi auto DD lower with a mk18 upper. Like is there a universal one in which it would still be "correct" if I were to switch the upper out to a longer barrel upper? ...the DD's serial # does start with M4XXXXX so do I use the M4 part... or do I use the M4A1 code since that's how they initially came about even though my lower only has a semi auto setting and not full auto? lol so many questions.
View Quote

Just use DDs info. You know their CAGEC, you know your ser#, so go on their website and figure out their part number and use that. Or use the m4a1 part number.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 3:46:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

Just use DDs info. You know their CAGEC, you know your ser#, so go on their website and figure out their part number and use that. Or use the m4a1 part number.
View Quote

the thing is that their part numbers vary on whether its an m4, a mk18, amk18 pistol, mk18 socom, m4a1 "clone" etc.. And their part numbers are not nationally recognized since dd lowers aren't used in the military and the part numbers are only specific to their catalog. if you search their part numbers on NSN site or ISO Group, nothing comes up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Just use the M4A1 part number. I honestly don't think its a colt specific number. M4 and m4a1, etc are .mil nomenclature.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 5:58:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Antonym4Infringe] [#8]
Originally Posted By wissota4:
Just use the M4A1 part number. I honestly don't think its a colt specific number. M4 and m4a1, etc are .mil nomenclature.
View Quote

no, your'e right that it's not colt specific.. I'm leaning towards one of those two that you just mentioned.. I just wanna hear more opinions on what other people in my similar situation ended up doing and why before I make an order for a custom UID tag. I appreciate the feedback, through.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 8:58:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Use whatever PN makes you happy. I usually use M4 or M4A1 but I also have an Aero lower with their own SKU / PN. 9390000 and 12972700 are both MIL identifiers. Neither is Colt specific. There's no wrong answer here, you're just overthinking it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 10:42:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SMFdarkangel:
Use whatever PN makes you happy. I usually use M4 or M4A1 but I also have an Aero lower with their own SKU / PN. 9390000 and 12972700 are both MIL identifiers. Neither is Colt specific. There's no wrong answer here, you're just overthinking it.
View Quote

the PN that would make me happy would be the most correct one hahaha. it's funny because I don't try to be super clone correct with my rifle... I have some parts that I happen to like more than a clone correct part.. but for some reason, and I don't know why this is, I'm really particular with putting the most correct info on a UID tag.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#11]

the PN that would make me happy would be the most correct one hahaha. it's funny because I don't try to be super clone correct with my rifle... I have some parts that I happen to like more than a clone correct part.. but for some reason, and I don't know why this is, I'm really particular with putting the most correct info on a UID tag.
View Quote

You're in good company! I put UID stickers on all my lowers and my Glock. I didn't choose the clone life, it chose me

If it's for a MK18 clone like you mentioned above, then M4A1 would be the most "correct".
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 3:43:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Antonym4Infringe] [#12]

You're in good company! I put UID stickers on all my lowers and my Glock. I didn't choose the clone life, it chose me

If it's for a MK18 clone like you mentioned above, then M4A1 would be the most "correct".
View Quote

haha I went with the 9390000 since my lower isn't auto (even though, like you said, it would be the most correct since that's how they have the service rifles setup up.) thanks tho! excited to be clone-ish lol
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#13]

haha I went with the 9390000 since my lower isn't auto (even though, like you said, it would be the most correct since that's how they have the service rifles setup up.) thanks tho! excited to be clone-ish lol
View All Quotes

Well, for that matter, your lower isn't 3rd burst, either... lol (which is what an M4 is).

As I said in my reply to your IM, the M4A1 is Safe/Semi/Auto, the M4 is Safe/Semi/Burst. Doesn't really matter because it doesn't sound like you're going for a pure clone, but an M4 is no more a semi only weapon than an M4A1 as far as that goes.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By krdt:

Well, for that matter, your lower isn't 3rd burst, either... lol (which is what an M4 is).

As I said in my reply to your IM, the M4A1 is Safe/Semi/Auto, the M4 is Safe/Semi/Burst. Doesn't really matter because it doesn't sound like you're going for a pure clone, but an M4 is no more a semi only weapon than an M4A1 as far as that goes.
View Quote

I never got your message man.. let me see if I can contact laser works to see if he would be able to change it. thanks man!
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#15]

I never got your message man.. let me see if I can contact laser works to see if he would be able to change it. thanks man!
View All Quotes

Hmm, that's goofy... it said it sent successfully, but I just checked and I didn't get a copy in my sent folder.

Well, I don't recall the exact wording, but essentially just pointing out that the M4 is burst and the M4A1 auto, so one part number wouldn't really be more "correct" to semi lower than the other. Also, that M4 lowers weren't used with Mk18/CQBR URGs, just the M4A1 outside of a few specific exceptions (some M16A1 lowers were used on early Mk18 Mod 0s). One way or the other doesn't really matter outside of clone purposes, but the M4A1 would be the correct lower used with an issued Mk18/CQBR.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 8:33:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#16]
Just to muddy the M4 vs M4A1 waters... scroll down to see an M4 lower converted to M4A1 but with 9390000 UID

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Early-Colt-M4-s/118-743862/
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 10:17:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Hmm, that's goofy... it said it sent successfully, but I just checked and I didn't get a copy in my sent folder.

Well, I don't recall the exact wording, but essentially just pointing out that the M4 is burst and the M4A1 auto, so one part number wouldn't really be more "correct" to semi lower than the other. Also, that M4 lowers weren't used with Mk18/CQBR URGs, just the M4A1 outside of a few specific exceptions (some M16A1 lowers were used on early Mk18 Mod 0s). One way or the other doesn't really matter outside of clone purposes, but the M4A1 would be the correct lower used with an issued Mk18/CQBR.
View Quote

that makes perfect sense. I reached out to laser works and he was able to change it for me to the m4a1 PN. I appreciate your help!
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Just received my 3rd order from them today, and it was great as usual.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes
I didn’t know how much I needed these until I found this thread.

I mean, sure, I’ve seen these in pictures and on weapons I’ve handled at the SHOT Show, but I didn’t realize it was soemthing we could do on our own builds.

Questions:

Are these simply applied roughly to the center of the magwell, by eyeball, or are there specific measurements about where the top edge should be, etc.?

For truly custom builds, is there like an official, unofficial list of part numbers, or do you just use whatever is closest to what you’re making? I realize it doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, but if there’s an ARFCOM standard I’ll try to follow it.

If your lower isn’t from a company that has a cage code, do you just make one up, or is there an “other” code?  I mean, I’ve heard that some people make their own lowers, but still put info on them in case they ever decide to sell them in the future, so there will be a make, model, and serial number.

In the armed forces, is any attention paid to the fact that a lower can be attached to any upper?  So, if an M4 lower wound up with a Mk18 upper, would anyone bother to update the records and issue a new UID?

Is there any software that lets you use these to manage your own collection?

Thanks guys!

Sorry, just now noticed this.

I never did get any response.

*shrug*
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#20]
By any chance, does anyone know if Quentin Defense out of Gilbert, Arizona, has a cage code?

The first AR I built used a Zombie Squad lower that they made, and I want to put a UID on it as well.

I wrote them, but it’s been a month with no response, so...
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 6:46:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#21]
By any chance, does anyone know if Quentin Defense out of Gilbert, Arizona, has a cage code?
View Quote

Negative. Their legal name is Quentin Laser LLC. Nothing in the DLA database comes back for the query "Quentin". Checked their zip code as well.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 12:02:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Akin] [#22]

Negative. Their legal name is Quentin Laser LLC. Nothing in the DLA database comes back for the query "Quentin". Checked their zip code as well.
View Quote

Ahhh. Guess I’ll just make something up then.

Is there any kind of format to cage codes that I should try to follow?
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:34:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wangstang] [#23]

Still no response to any of my emails.  Sent him a PM here on the site...

Several of us from work were putting a group order together, and we were going to sent him an excel spreadsheet rather than place individual orders...
View Quote

@Akin
How'd this end up working out for you?

Also, a contribution:
CAGE Codes -
0143N - GLOCK GMBH [Austria-Ferlach]
04099 - Capco Inc ASAP Aerospace
041N2 - BENCHMADE KNIFE CO. INC.
05395 - L-3 COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION
05606 - GENERAL DYNAMICS OTS INC
06401 - L-3 COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION
07210 - STURM RUGER & COMPANY INC.
077H9 - AO Precision Manufacturing LLC
086B5 - AUSTIN PRECISION PRODUCTS
0A8R7 - PRECISION REFLEX INC
0BJZ8 - SUREFIRE LLC
0BT64 - BARRETT FIREARMS USA INC.
0FL29 - TRIJICON INC.
0GU83 - MACHINING TECHNOLOGIES INC [Matech (rear sights)]
0MY77 - LASER PRODUCTS
0N2S7 - Glock Inc
0WSZ3 - WILSONS GUN SHOP INC
0WXH8 - BADGER ORDNANCE
0XA57 - BLACKHAWK INDUSTRIES PRODUCT GROUP
12238 - BROWNELLS INCORPORATED
13629 - COLT DEFENSE LLC
1B1B6 - Toolcraft
1D2P7 - TENEBRAEX CORPORATION
1EF82 - SIG SAUER INC.
1KW91 - Manufacturing Support Industries
1LX50 - MAGPUL INDUSTRIES CORP.
1MLU1 - L-3 COMMUNICATIONS EOTECH, INC.
1PV46 - ARMALITE INC.
1S002 - Knights Armament
1SDY4 - ELCAN OPTICAL TECHNOLOGIES
1SLF0 - LIGHTFORCE USA INCORPORATED [Nightforce Optics]
1TCL8 - ROCK RIVER ARMS INC.
1UB81 - L-3 GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS SOLUTIONS
1VLM5 - US NIGHT VISION CORPORATION
1VN13 - GENERAL DYNAMICS C4 SYSTEMS INC.
1WXY6 - AERO PRECISION INC
26978 - General Dynamics OTS INC
2C085 - COLT CANADA CORPORATION
2U894 - DSE INC [Balimoy MFG CO]
33710 - OKAY INDUSTRIES INC.
342X6 - BRAVO COMPANY USA INC.
35848 - LEUPOLD & STEVENS INC.
3A5E1 - SMITH ENTERPRISE INC
3A703 - REMINGTON ARMS COMPANY, LLC [Ilion, NY]
3B5H7 - COLTS MANUFACTURING COMPANY LLC
3C4V9 - SABRE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES LLC
3DS19 - MEGA MACHINE SHOP INC.
3E2Q7 - AMERICAN PARTS COMPANY THE [TAPCO]
3E3E2 - DANIEL DEFENSE INC.
3EZ11 - TROY INDUSTRIES INC.
3G0F5 - COLT INDUSTRIES INC. D/B/A COMMAND
3HGK0 - GENERAL DYNAMICS C4 SYSTEMS INC
3HN73 - HECKLER & KOCH DEFENSE INC. [Ashburn, VA]
3J629 - AIMPOINT INC.
3S679 - FN MANUFACTURING LLC
3T821 - HECKLER & KOCH INC. [COLUMBUS, GA, UNITED STATES]
3U889 - RAYTHEON CO
3W544 - LEWIS MACHINE & TOOL CO.
40554 - DPMS FIREARMS LLC
41758 - O. F. MOSSBERG & SONS INCORPORATED
42UP6 - CZ-USA INC
431U5 - NOVESKE RIFLEWORKS LLC
43VN9 - GEISSELE AUTOMATICS LLC
48521 - COLT INDUSTRIES OPERATING CORP
488B1 - STAG ARMS LLC
4CKJ8 - L-3 COMMUNICATIONS EO/IR INC.
4F181 - ARMALITE INC
4U486 - P & S PRODUCTS INC.
4WZ76 - LRB OF LONG ISLAND INC
50446 - REMINGTON ARMS COMPANY, LLC [MADISON, NC]
52RX1 - LWRC INTERNATIONAL LLC
55358 - SMITH & WESSON CORP
56161 - GENERAL DYNAMICS LAND SYSTEMS CANADA
58VQ8 - B5 SYSTEMS, INC.
59V15 - GERBER GEAR
5S631 - LEUPOLD AND STEVENS INC
5VWL1 - SILENCERCO LLC DIV GOVERNMENT SALES
5YS77 - LARUE TACTICAL
5ZJP7 - NSWC CRANE
6A253 - MIDWEST INDUSTRIES
6B9L5 - BUSHMASTER FIREARMS INTERNATIONAL [Ilion, NY]
6FHX2 - GENERAL DYNAMICS C4 SYSTEMS KOREA
6K2W5 - MCKAY ENTERPRISES LLC
6M7X8 - RANGE TOOL CO LLC, THE
6M9N8 - C PRODUCTS DEFENSE INC
6MM23 - WINDHAM WEAPONRY
6P199 - CENTER INDUSTRIES CORPORATION
6YEV9 - HODGE DEFENSE SYSTEMS, INC.
6ZWB1 - SIG SAUER, INC
7XC20 - Palmetto Sate Armory, LLC
7Z500 - BUSHMASTER FIREARMS INTERNATIONAL [Windham, ME]
8P264 - EOTECH CORP
9G855 - COLT INDUSTRIES INC FIREARMS DIV
AD122 - UGO DR. PASSALACQUA
B0897 - FN HERSTAL SA [HERSTAL, BELGIUM]
D2330 - HECKLER & KOCH GMBH [OBERNDORF AM NECKAR, GERMANY]
S5591 - GLOCK GMBH [Austria - Deutsch-Wagram]
U4393 - ACCURACY INTERNATIONAL LTD
Z0DF8 - LEGEAR AUSTRALIA [USA.]
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 9:01:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jasonm4] [#24]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:10:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone able to find a Mfg/Cage Code for Black Rain Ordnance.  Checked the lists and didn’t see one - couldn’t find it searching online.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Vehemence:
Anyone able to find a Mfg/Cage Code for Black Rain Ordnance.  Checked the lists and didn’t see one - couldn’t find it searching online.

Thanks.
View Quote

680Y9
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By CMCctx:

680Y9
View All Quotes

Thanks.

680Y9

What he said.^^^^^

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#28]
A year or so ago my brother bought a commercial FN M4A1 rifle, all decked out from the factory like a SOPMOD or MWS.  It came with, from the factory, a legit UID on the right mag well.  Thought that was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:24:20 PM EDT
[#29]

680Y9
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 12:21:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Alright y’all I need some help with some UID labels for a Beretta M9. I just ordered a label for an M4A1 build I’m doing off on Carolina laser works and so I decided to see if I could get one for my M9. The only one I think would work is the generic round one he has for $6. I’ve seen a UID like that on the bottom of the dust cover of an M9 in a YouTube video but I’m not sure if they’re the same or not. I know someone posted a picture of the UID under their issued M9 on the dust cover but I don’t want it to be that big or in that style. I’ve also seen the small rectangular ones as well on the side of the frame in front of the take down lever but chad does not have those either. I know someone posted some others on here as well and I’d either want the square one or the round one. I just need to know if the round UID he has on his website would work, or if any other UID shape would work too. If y’all need pics just let me know. Thanks!

Dylan
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 6:53:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Hammerthrower19:
Alright y’all I need some help with some UID labels for a Beretta M9. I just ordered a label for an M4A1 build I’m doing off on Carolina laser works and so I decided to see if I could get one for my M9. The only one I think would work is the generic round one he has for $6. I’ve seen a UID like that on the bottom of the dust cover of an M9 in a YouTube video but I’m not sure if they’re the same or not. I know someone posted a picture of the UID under their issued M9 on the dust cover but I don’t want it to be that big or in that style. I’ve also seen the small rectangular ones as well on the side of the frame in front of the take down lever but chad does not have those either. I know someone posted some others on here as well and I’d either want the square one or the round one. I just need to know if the round UID he has on his website would work, or if any other UID shape would work too. If y’all need pics just let me know. Thanks!

Dylan
View Quote

This is what I've got on my issued M9 currently
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:56:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#33]
Originally Posted By Hammerthrower19:

Dylan
View Quote

The closest one he sells is called "Small Round UID (0.6" Round UID)". Have you tried shooting him an email?
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 10:36:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Yeah I actually forgot I posted something on here but I ended up getting the small round one lol, definitely glad I did and for the price I said why not
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 10:38:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Okay sweet. I forgot I even posted anything on here but I appreciate the pic. I ended up just getting the small round one from Carolina Laser Works. Yours is a little different than his tho cause he has “UID” for the top part and then DO NOT REMOVE” on the bottom part but it’s close enough for me lol
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 11:03:43 AM EDT
[#36]
I did also send him an email about it and he said he could do it, he would just need a beretta m9/92 frame for sizing
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 2:30:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
M16 was 8448600

XM177 (Colt Model 610) GAU-5/A part # J62700
XM177E1 (Colt Model 609) COMMANDO part # 8432404
XM177E2 (Colt Model 629) part # 8436751
GAU-5/A/A part # GAU5AA
GAU-5/P or GUU-5/P (14.5" upgrade, various) part # 61010
Colt Model 653 part # 653
Colt RO933 part # R0933
(Looks like Colt hit the easy button on part numbers). lol

My CQBR upper should be tagged part # 7520904 (NSN 1005-01-498-1913)
View Quote

Does anyone know if GUU-5Ps were ever fitted with UID stickers?  If so, which style would it have been?  I assume the last GAU-5A/As were removed from service or converted to GUU-5Ps before these stickers ever came about.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 2:27:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#38]
Ordered 5 more from Chad 2 days ago, including the Mk18 Mod 0 Crane logo (looking forward to seeing that one the most), making 9 so far, but how do I scan them?

iPhone doesn’t recognize my rectangular M4 labels and I have been trying to find an app that would work, but no luck so far.  Haven’t tried the .75 squares with my iPhone yet, but I’m expecting them in the mail today or tomorrow.

If anyone can steer me to the correct scanning app, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Ordered 5 more from Chad 2 days ago, including the Mk18 Mod 0 Crane logo (looking forward to seeing that one the most), making 9 so far, but how do I scan them?

iPhone doesn’t recognize my rectangular M4 labels and I have been trying to find an app that would work, but no luck so far.  Haven’t tried the .75 squares with my iPhone yet, but I’m expecting them in the mail today or tomorrow.

If anyone can steer me to the correct scanning app, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks.
View Quote

Kinda tagging for info as well. None of mine work on my S7.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Does anyone know if there are UIDs on .mil Sig M17s/M18s?  My Google Fu is not showing anything...
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Does anyone know if there are UIDs on .mil Sig M17s/M18s?  My Google Fu is not showing anything...
View Quote

My source (current .mil that is issued them) said it's part of the serial number/date plate in the frame.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:58:49 PM EDT
[#42]
I’d really like to see how they did that.  Lots of barcodes show up on newer weapons, but how many of them are actually usable as UIDs is a puzzle.

Like the 2D codes on many Glock parts; as far as I can tell, those are parts tracking codes, and may or may not align with the “actual” firearm serial number.

But the way these new pistols came into the inventory makes it possible that they have real, usable UIDs built in…
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By GHPorter:
I’d really like to see how they did that.  Lots of barcodes show up on newer weapons, but how many of them are actually usable as UIDs is a puzzle.

Like the 2D codes on many Glock parts; as far as I can tell, those are parts tracking codes, and may or may not align with the “actual” firearm serial number.

But the way these new pistols came into the inventory makes it possible that they have real, usable UIDs built in…
View Quote

No idea how usable it is (at the unit level, that is) but you can see it there. Had to crop in to edit out some of his stuff so it's a little fuzzy.

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#44]
That’s a much more complex symbol than the ones scattered through a Glock.  Could be…
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:40:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jt0311] [#45]
My question for the group,  Trying to go as clone correct as possible with the labels.

Since the Gen. 5 Glock 19x was fielded, but was never contracted. Does anyone know if there was an official Part Number for them, or should I just do something generic?

About to order one for my URG-I clone, and want to order the correct label for the G19X as well

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By jt0311:
My question for the group,  Trying to go as clone correct as possible with the labels.

Since the Gen. 5 Glock 19x was fielded, but was never contracted. Does anyone know if there was an official Part Number for them, or should I just do something generic?

About to order one for my URG-I clone, and want to order the correct label for the G19X as well

Thanks in advance
View Quote

What I did for my Gen5 Glock MOS (not a 19X obviously) is I made my own designation, using the small rectangular plate, which fits on the bottom of the trigger guard.  I used the cage code for Glock Inc. as I believe that is what the military goes by for Glock  The military does have part numbers for Glock's but they are all Gen3 versions.  You could use something like G19X or GLOCK19X

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:14:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#47]
Originally Posted By jt0311:

View Quote
I think they would've been purchased COTS (commercial off-the-shelf) and therefore not have a military part number.

I doubt that any received UIDs but I'm not sure.

Update:
Spoke with a friend in Army supply...

He said he doesn't think any DOD units fielded the 19X, but if they did, it would be a COTS purchase.
(This cannot be looked up because there's no centralized database of all COTS purchases, and all the high speed units' COTS purchase data is classified anyway.)

The 19X doesn't have a military part number, but he said the unit (or DOD activity) could still create an IUID label to track the firearm by serial number, if the particular unit/activity requires their weapons to have it.

Not all of them utilize the barcode scanners to check weapons in & out of armories, so it just depends on what their SOP is.
His unit, for example, doesn't use them, even though they possess nothing but MTOE weapons and all of them have IUIDs so go figure.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 1:25:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Bumping this cause its good info for all the new Black Friday purchases!
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Highly recommend Carolina laser works.  I ordered my tag at midnight, got an email at 6am that it was already shipped.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Does anyone happen to have a picture of a real Glock UID?
Page / 11
UID stickers (Page 9 of 11)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top