Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
UID stickers (Page 3 of 11)
Page / 11
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:11:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#2]
That's what some members here have done. It's pretty funny. 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
DD 3E3E2. Don't see one for Spikes, but I didn't look too hard.
View Quote
Thank you! :)
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:50:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: usjet] [#4]
In response to my question: "How do you remove these things?", which CDJ tried to answer.

There are several reasons you might want to remove these:

1- You screwed up with the numbers you specified.

2- You were drunk on yer ass, and its sitting 30 degrees off ('course, That's Mil-Spec)

3- You REALLY, REALLY want the Mil-Spec square, and want to re-do your lable

4- You've decided this is just a bunch of faggotry, and want it gone

If you properly degreased and prepared the surface, these things are really on there.

Get it off? Easy!

Gently heat the general area of the lable with a hairdryer on high for 20-30 seconds, use a fingernail to raise a corner, and peel it right off. (Helps if you haven't trimmed your nails for a couple days).

Any residual adhesive is easily removed with naphtha (plain old lighter fluid)- goo-gone would do the same, or even alcohol .

You're welcome!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

ETA: If you're really careful, the label could be re-applied (see #2), but don't count on it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I received the 1" blanks and now have them listed on my website. Square M4/M16 UID. Thanks to everyone who has been patiently waiting. Here is the first one I did (my personal rifle).
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Charliedeltajuliet:
I received the 1" blanks and now have them listed on my website. Square M4/M16 UID. Thanks to everyone who has been patiently waiting. Here is the first one I did (my personal rifle).
http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff464/ChadJohnson1976/Carolina%20Laser%20Works/D77BDB09-2088-497E-A65F-503EA92F8BC5.jpg
View Quote
There goes your weekend!

Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I am working on some more for a semi-local gun shop/range/rental company. They are putting these on all their rental equipment so they can just scan and assign it to a customer.

I really like the 1" tags. I do apologize for it taking so long. The supplier has been really busy and small businesses get put on the back burner.  I am just glad they arrived and turned out as well as they did.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I am working on some more for a semi-local gun shop/range/rental company. They are putting these on all their rental equipment so they can just scan and assign it to a customer.

I really like the 1" tags. I do apologize for it taking so long. The supplier has been really busy and small businesses get put on the back burner.  I am just glad they arrived and turned out as well as they did.
View Quote
Some trouble with your pics. Here- :

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank you sir!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Thank you everyone. I just caught up with the orders and got them shipped. Hope you enjoy!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you everyone. I just caught up with the orders and got them shipped. Hope you enjoy!
View Quote
Get ready for 87 pics of various ARs, all with your labels, with the serial numbers blurred out.

Link Posted: 6/30/2017 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#13]
It gives me a sense of pride to see labels I have created being displayed on people's rifles. I cannot wait!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#14]
It gives me a sense of pride to see labels I have created being displayed on people's rifles. I cannot wait!
View Quote
You've done a really good job on these and I think many of us appreciate it.  I'm going to be ordering a few as soon as I get home.

Is there any way you could add a space between the parenthetical "17V" and the CAGE code though?  Like in the 'real' label that USMCTanker posted on page 2?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 1:06:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DitchDr] [#15]
If anyone needs Cage Codes for manufacturers you can look them up on this website
Cage Codes
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:
You've done a really good job on these...
View Quote
I've also learned there are some additional special characters in the milspec barcodes. If those are added, they'd be fully in-spec, but I'm not sure if they're ASCII characters. I'll post that info once I dig it out of the PDF.

Yeah, great job!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Just received mine today.  They look fantastic!  Buy with confidence guys.  They shipped the day after I ordered and I had them 3 days after ordering.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 6:27:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Charliedeltajuliet] [#18]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
I've also learned there are some additional special characters in the milspec barcodes. If those are added, they'd be fully in-spec, but I'm not sure if they're ASCII characters. I'll post that info once I dig it out of the PDF.

Yeah, great job!
View Quote
Please do, I would like to make them exact. I will put a space in between the (17V)  and the number etc. I couldn't tell if it were a space or just extra room because it was a 1. I see them side by side and see that it is a space.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Please do, I would like to make them exact. I will put a space in between the (17V)  and the number etc. I couldn't tell if it were a space or just extra room because it was a 1. I see them side by side and see that it is a space.
View Quote
Guess I should have waited for gen2. 
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By jsstritz:
Anyone know CAGE number for Daniel Defense (CQBR) or Spikes?  (I know I know lol). My Mk18-ish build is on a Spikes lower and DD upper :p
View Quote
I'm in the same boat as you. I've got a mostly CQBR Block II built on a stripped DD Mk18 upper (the one with the proper .070 gas port) and Spike's lower; trying to figure out what would make the most sense to put on the UID.

Obviously the Colt cage code would be the most correct, but that just doesn't seem right considering the manufacturers. What would you gentleman do? And don't say get a Colt lower, lol. Would you just use the DD cage code? I can't find a code for Spike's Tactical, unfortunately. Funny, they have a cage code for frickin' Umbrella Corp, but not ST. If anyone happens to know one, that'd be perfect (I've tried looking for one, and no joy). I've seen some labels that use generic, non-manufacturer related codes like Dept of the Army or US Army Tank Command, and just wondered what other codes would make a little more sense considering my parts. Any suggestions for a generic cage code that would be fitting/logical?

As to part numbers, I suppose I'll use the M4A1 part number (12972700). I've seen some labels that have the part number as MK18 MOD1, which looks pretty nifty until you look it up and realize that is the part number for a battery charger, lol. I also came across another PN that is kind of interesting: 7520904

It's listed as a "Receiver/Automatic Gun" and then more specifically for an "M4A1 CQBR with 10" barrel." It has the following description: "CONSISTS OF M4A1 UPPER RECEIVER ASSY; 10 INCH BARREL ASSY; HANDGUARD ASSY AND SIGHT; M4A1 CARBINE, 5.56MM (SPECWAR ONLY)."

I didn't know they made a CQBR upper for the M4A1 with a 10" barrel, and haven't been able to find anything about it. I thought the L119A1/C8 CQB was the only one that used a 10" barrel. Could it just be an oversight that it doesn't say 10.3"? Assuming it is an oversight, I'm guessing it would be a UID placed on the CQBR upper itself and not for the lower.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:16:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By CrawdadsRevenge:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CrawdadsRevenge:

We all shoulda jumped in on this six months from now.

Link Posted: 7/1/2017 3:32:06 AM EDT
[#22]
http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff464/ChadJohnson1976/Carolina%20Laser%20Works/D77BDB09-2088-497E-A65F-503EA92F8BC5.jpg
View Quote
Can you .75" x .75" square labels? 

From what i've read, both the .75" x .75" and 1" x 1" sizes were used. 

Just curious if you could do a smaller size before i placed an order for some 1" labels. If i can, i rather go for the smaller size.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 8:37:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By bChau:

Just curious if you could do a smaller size before i placed an order for some 1" labels. If i can, i rather go for the smaller size.
View Quote
Give me a day or two to make a template and I will let you know. The laser can cut the tags easily. But making a template and getting it correct will take a little bit.

For those that ordered and didn't get the space between the (17V) and cage code. Send me an email via Carolina Laser Works and I will make you new tags. Just send me an email with the order number or your name and I will look it up and get them out ASAP.  This is the least I can do especially since it was my error.

Thanks
CDJ
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 8:56:07 AM EDT
[#24]

Give me a day or two to make a template and I will let you know. The laser can cut the tags easily. But making a template and getting it correct will take a little bit.

For those that ordered and didn't get the space between the (17V) and cage code. Send me an email via Carolina Laser Works and I will make you new tags. Just send me an email with the order number or your name and I will look it up and get them out ASAP.  This is the least I can do especially since it was my error.

Thanks
CDJ
View Quote
Awesome customer service! I was thinking of ordering a few tags, now I will just to support a guy like you.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I really appriciate that. I am a "gun guy" myself and my clone is the one in the photos on my site. I am also very OCD about things being exact. I do this for fun, it isn't my primary income. I only started out doing this (laser and all) because I was talking to a sheriffs deputy about a UID code like a .gov issued rifle. He said "our department would like those" and I thought "hmmmm, I could make clone tags for all my rifles, pistols, etc". When I initially offered them on another site, it was going to be a run-off of the extra tags I had in stock. Now I actually do it only because it is hard to get larger companies to make these individually without having hundreds other orders to make at the same time so they can justify making them.

I honestly don't make much after ordering the material, paying for the laser useage and I count my time as a wash because I enjoy doing it. But it isn't about the money, it is about making a UID tag that I searched for a month for. I couldn't find a company that made them out of the aluminum and would make them without me waiting 3-6 months for them to have enough orders. What I am saying in my long winded way is I am doing this for the people like me who wanted these. And I want to make sure they are 100% happy with them. Thanks

Chad
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:32:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Thanks
CDJ
View Quote
Mine should arrive today but I'm good with it as is. Thanks for the offer; I'll certainly come back when I need more.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 10:01:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Charlie, you are awesome.
I'm going to be ordering several tags from you soon.
I just need to figure out cage codes, serials etc before I place my order.
Thanks for doing what you do!
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:21:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Thanks
CDJ
View All Quotes

Thanks
CDJ
I'm in like flynn if you can generate .75"X.75" UID tags (I was unaware of the size difference until I compared our two pics).  I honestly didn't want to breach the subject and appear to be ungrateful since you've put so much hard work into bringing an authentic product to us.

I wish I had thought to measure the tag when I had it with me.  I have another unit that will be training here after the horiday.  I'll see if I can verify the size with a tape measure.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:42:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: usjet] [#29]
Jeeze-

Awaiting delivery of my THIRD order- 1st one I screwed up part numbers .

2nd one not used as I found out I should have square labels , so placed

3rd order - 2 squares, and a label for the dust cover of my M9.

By the way, experimented with the standard rectangular label (Had an extra ), and found with careful trimming, it will work just fine for the M9. Ignore the apparent warping- it's not glued down:

Attachment Attached File

And now I find I'm supposed to have .75 labels and some spacing is off?

Heck with it- the only way my M4s would be truly authentic is if they had "Happy" switches.

ETA: If you haven't jumped in on all this yet, wait just a bit until the "Perfect" labels are available.

You will not be disappointed in the quality and quick service from Carolina Laser Works!
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Wonder if there would be anything wrong with placing one of these labels over the NFA engraving of a SBR lower?  Is there anything that actually states the engraving cannot be obstructed?
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 3:37:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#31]
Originally Posted By ROMAD-556:
Just picked up a LMT lower and there's a UID square engraved into the lower
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ROMAD-556:
Just picked up a LMT lower and there's a UID square engraved into the lower
Pics?
@romad-556
I've got a LMT lower from 2010(?) and am slightly jealous lol

I need to go back and re-read this thread as I've got a Sig (not mk25) and a beretta I might like to get labels for

Originally Posted By DitchDr:
Wonder if there would be anything wrong with placing one of these labels over the NFA engraving of a SBR lower?  Is there anything that actually states the engraving cannot be obstructed?
That's a no-go. I don't have specific wording but it needs to be readily visible
@bigwaylon
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 4:57:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Charliedeltajuliet] [#32]
For those that are asking, here is the .75" UID tag. This is my personal M4, and need some feedback on the label. For those that will ask, the edges aren't rough, that is the excess adhesive that I haven't cleaned off. I used photoshop to create a template that is 3/4" just for those asking also if you ordered a 1" and want a .75" , just email me at [email protected] with you order number and I will ship you a replacement free of charge. It is the least I can do.

Edit: I cannot see the photo, if you can please let me know. Lasers I am good with, forums.... ehh not so much..lol
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Looks great!  I like the smaller .75" size better than the 1".
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#34]
For those that are asking, here is the .75" UID tag. This is my personal M4, and need some feedback on the label. For those that will ask, the edges aren't rough, that is the excess adhesive that I haven't cleaned off. I used photoshop to create a template that is 3/4" just for those asking also if you ordered a 1" and want a .75" , just email me at [email protected] with you order number and I will ship you a replacement free of charge. It is the least I can do.

https://i.imgur.com/kg7Dr3D.jpg

Edit: I cannot see the photo, if you can please let me know. Lasers I am good with, forums.... ehh not so much..lol
View Quote
The picture is good, but it won't show for everyone until you have 50 posts or until 3 team members click to verify you're not spamming us with dick pics.

I just got my 1" label but like the .75 enough so I'll take you up on the replacement. In the meanwhile, here's a quick gif of your pic and USMCTanker's overlaid.

Link Posted: 7/1/2017 6:50:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#35]
Attachment Attached File

ECC200 (ISO/IEC 16022) is a 2-dimensional representation of ASCII characters.
These characters are ordered according to ISO/IEC International Standard 15434.

The data elements are encoded as follows:

Compliance Indicator: ASCII code for these 3 characters...  [)>

Record Separator: Follows the compliance indicator and appears at the end of the formatted data. The record separator does not have printable representation. Decimal code is 30 and hexadecimal code is 1E.

Group Separator: ASCII-coded character used in UII encoding, but does not have printable representation. Separates the format code, the data qualifiers, and the data values in the remainder of the data string. Decimal code is 29 and hexadecimal code is 1D.

End of Transmission: ASCII-coded character used in UII encoding, but it does not have printable representation. Data string is terminated using this character. Decimal code and hexadecimal code are 4.

http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/UID/attachments/Tips%20on%20Constructing%20the%20UII.pdf
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 3:51:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bChau] [#36]

https://i.imgur.com/kg7Dr3D.jpg

View Quote
That's perfect, you rock man, i'll be placing an order for some .75" square labels asap. 
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Just placed an order for 2x M4 Carbine 1.5" x .5".. Been loooking for something like this quiet some time now.. Thanks guys
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Anyone know if Palmetto State Armory has a cage code?  Couldn't find one on the gov't website.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Interesting pic from a Boston Globe article on the Colt factory.

Too bad it's not more clear, but that's definitely a UID sticker.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Just ordered 2 ea M4A1 .75 X.75 UID tags.

More to follow in days and weeks ahead.

Thanks for doing what you do, sir.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 8:50:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 3:13:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Do you take international orders?

Thankyou
F
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:18:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Thank you!
View Quote
Absolutely, I have already shipped to Great Britain, Poland and Sweden.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 1:28:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Joe_Sakic:
Chad...bravo! Thank you sir, this is great news. I will be placing an order for a few square UID labels when they're available. After all, I need to obscure the billboard logo on my FN15 Rifle

Similar to this (not my rifle) but, same size & shape
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Joe_Sakic:
Hey guys, it is Chad from Carolina Laser Works. Thanks for all the comments. I am ordering some of the square blanks for those that want those tags. I have to call my supplier but it is usually about a week or two before I receive them. Once I receive them I will add them to the catalog on my webpage. Thanks again.
Chad...bravo! Thank you sir, this is great news. I will be placing an order for a few square UID labels when they're available. After all, I need to obscure the billboard logo on my FN15 Rifle

Similar to this (not my rifle) but, same size & shape
Chad,

Just ordered mine late last night and already received shipping notification!  Outstanding...I look forward to getting this on my rifle.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 4:43:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bChau] [#45]
Just got my square .75"x.75" labels in today. I placed my order on Sunday night, it shipped Monday, and got to my mailbox earlier today.

Awesome job Chad! 

I've recommended your services to a few friends who are in the clone game.

Edit: Here are some pictures of the labels on two of my lowers. 

Edit Edit: more pictures.

This lower will get a makeover real soon, transitioning it back to some older parts for my 2nd CQBR. It'll stay like that until i get some stamps for some A1 lowers back from the ATF.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Also ordered on Sunday, still no sign of it yet..
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:
View Quote
Did you get a shipping email? If you did, it should be any day now, might take an extra day or so since you're in Cali. 

They come via snail mail, so there isn't any tracking, but my last order of the rectangular UID labels took about the same time (2ish days) to get from NC to Tulsa, OK.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#48]
UPDATE ON M9:

Label was perfect, of course.

But these are too thick to handle the curvature of the M9 dustcover. If you look at USMCTanker's pic (page 2), you can see the label appears thinner, in addition to much smaller dimensions.

The larger dimension, going over the curve, leaves a "snaggy" edge.

I just can't imagine there's enough market for M9 labels to justify thinner, smaller dimension stickers.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:36:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Did you get a shipping email? If you did, it should be any day now, might take an extra day or so since you're in Cali. 

They come via snail mail, so there isn't any tracking, but my last order of the rectangular UID labels took about the same time (2ish days) to get from NC to Tulsa, OK.
View All Quotes

Yeah I got an email it shipped, Also thought the same about I'm in Cali too.. Hopefully it'll show up tomorrow lol
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#50]

Yeah I got an email it shipped, Also thought the same about I'm in Cali too.. Hopefully it'll show up tomorrow lol
View Quote
Gee, MINE got here today!

Page / 11
UID stickers (Page 3 of 11)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top