User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
UID stickers (Page 2 of 11)
Page / 11
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 4:15:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I ordered 2 for my Colt guns and they looked great . I have been looking for 10 years for good ones that looked right . Fast shippers. Good deal
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 4:31:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Charliedeltajuliet:
Hey guys, it is Chad from Carolina Laser Works. Thanks for all the comments. I am ordering some of the square blanks for those that want those tags. I have to call my supplier but it is usually about a week or two before I receive them. Once I receive them I will add them to the catalog on my webpage. Thanks again.
View Quote
Are you able to change the font?  Specifically for the Mk25/M11-A1?  The font shown on your sight is a bit different than what SIG uses...  thanks.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#3]
If you can tell me what font you want, I can easily use it. I no longer have my Mk25 to compare. If you find a font that you like and decide to order one just let me know any modifications that you want in an email and I will make the changes. I often put custom logos on them in place of the data matrix code and such. Basically if it can be engraved I will try to do it...lol. Thank you

Chad
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I do have a favor to ask for someone that has the square UID tag on a rifle. Could you measure it for me or hold a ruler beside it and take a photo to get the measurement. The supplier needs the measurements to make the blanks. Thank you

Chad
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I do have a favor to ask for someone that has the square UID tag on a rifle. Could you measure it for me or hold a ruler beside it and take a photo to get the measurement. The supplier needs the measurements to make the blanks. Thank you

Chad
View Quote
MIL-STD calls out 1" square.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By car10107:
Has anyone ordered from this company? The label they show on the paper backer looks great and has nice rounded corners. The second picture the company shows with the label on a lower doesn't look right (IMO) because the corners are square and looks like it was cut from a larger sheet with scissors. Just wondering which type they supply?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By airmandaniel:
Here ya go!

https://carolinalaserworks.ecwid.com/Custom-UID-tag-for-M-4-Carbine-1-5-x-5-p82703152
Has anyone ordered from this company? The label they show on the paper backer looks great and has nice rounded corners. The second picture the company shows with the label on a lower doesn't look right (IMO) because the corners are square and looks like it was cut from a larger sheet with scissors. Just wondering which type they supply?
They are G2G
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
Sorry about the confusion. I took the photo down to stop the confusion. That was the older style (I supplied for a local PD) they were requested that way. The rounded corner blanks are what I am shipping now. Thanks

Chad

Carolina Laser Works
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:56:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
MIL-STD calls out 1" square.
View Quote
Thank you!
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Have 2 ordered, thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#10]
What about Beretta M9 uid sticker would it be under the dust cover or front strap ??
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey guys, it is Chad from Carolina Laser Works. Thanks for all the comments. I am ordering some of the square blanks for those that want those tags. I have to call my supplier but it is usually about a week or two before I receive them. Once I receive them I will add them to the catalog on my webpage. Thanks again.
View Quote
Looks like Ill be placing another order before long....
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 7:48:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: usjet] [#12]
Originally Posted By ckopp636:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ckopp636:
What's another $21-------

ETA:

Any tips for REMOVING these things?
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By usjet:

What's another $21-------

ETA:

Any tips for REMOVING these things?
View Quote
Pull like crazy. Seriously they can be a bear to get off. If any adhesive remains, use rubbing acohol or solvent cleaner.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By triaxle:
What about Beretta M9 uid sticker would it be under the dust cover or front strap ??
View Quote
I truthfully have no idea where it would go on a Beretta.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 3:07:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stayfrostymorgs] [#15]
Bought from Carolina Laser Works last week, aluminium tag with nice rounded corners, took 5 day to reach the UK, they even included a free Union Jack one, excellent communication and service, highly recommended
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 5:12:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By stayfrostymorgs:
Bought from Carolina Laser Works last week, aluminium tag with nice rounded corners, took 5 day to reach the UK, they even included a free Union Jack one, excellent communication and service, highly recommended
View Quote
Don't you mean: "aluminiumninum"?

Wish I could speak English.

Link Posted: 6/12/2017 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#17]
My aluminiumium armour, armor is a different colour, color, bla bla bla, dos i cachu y gont gwirion.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
@triaxle.  Remind me on Monday afternoon and I'll take a pic of where one goes while we're doing our arms room inventory.  Pretty sure they're left side of the frame forwards of the trigger area...but it's been a while.  I've been issued a M11 for the last few years so I go with that rather than the M9 95% of the time.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
Our BDE is in the field this week.  I'll ask someone if I can take a pic of their M9 when they come in for the synch meeting on Monday if I can find the time to attend.

The UID sticker is placed on the bottom of the dust cover, in front of the trigger guard.

Funny thing, I was at a synch meeting a week or two ago, and one of the officers placed his M9 on the table in the conference room when he sat down.  I noticed the UID sticker on the bottom of the frame in front of the trigger guard and thought about looking into getting one for my M9C.

Then I'm surfing the 'net and I find this thread
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok, here's a pic of an M4 I took last fall when a unit from Ft. Lewis was training where I work.  A soldier came into our building to make a head call, and as soon as he walked in from outside, his sling slipped off and his weapon crashed to the floor.  I peeked my head around the corner and asked him if I could help him (we don't allow visiting units to use our facilities as a public restroom since they don't field day our building before they leave).  I relented in this case and offered to watch his weapon and fix his sling while he took a shit and he handed me his M4.  I fixed the sling and took a pic of the UID sticker on the right side of the lower receiver for future reference.

The Colt M4 was almost brand new, and was equipped with a Matech BUIS only (no optics) and RAS.  This was in 2016.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By USMCTanker:
Ok, here's a pic of an M4 I took last fall when a unit from Ft. Lewis was training where I work.  A soldier came into our building to make a head call, and as soon as he walked in from outside, his sling slipped off and his weapon crashed to the floor.  I peeked my head around the corner and asked him if I could help him (we don't allow visiting units to use our facilities as a public restroom since they don't field day our building before they leave).  I relented in this case and offered to watch his weapon and fix his sling while he took a shit and he handed me his M4.  I fixed the sling and took a pic of the UID sticker on the right side of the lower receiver for future reference.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo359/Gunny1812/M4%20UID_zpsau3u6lh7.jpg

The Colt M4 was almost brand new, and was equipped with a Matech BUIS only (no optics) and RAS.  This was in 2016.
View Quote
Good pic, Gunny. @Charliedeltajuliet - any update on the square labels?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:51:13 AM EDT
[#22]
The last I had heard is that they were in production (which take 7-10 business days). I am expecting them at the beginning of next week.  If I have not received tracking information by Monday or Tuesday I'm gonna call them back.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#23]
The last I had heard is that they were in production (which take 7-10 business days). I am expecting them at the beginning of next week.  If I have not received tracking information by Monday or Tuesday I'm gonna call them back.
View Quote
Hey Chad, do you have a link setup for the square labels yet?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:09:10 PM EDT
[#24]
No, not yet. I was going to wait until the blanks arrived. That way I can show the actual tag itself. The day the blanks arrive I will have the link up.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#25]
No, not yet. I was going to wait until the blanks arrived. That way I can show the actual tag itself. The day the blanks arrive I will have the link up.
View Quote
Sounds good, thanks again!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Thank you guys. I really appriciate the support I have received from the various firearms communities. It means a lot. Especially being a gun guy myself, it is nice to have the support I have gotten. I have sent tags to the United Kingdon, Canada, and all across the US. It is humbling.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:51:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMCTanker] [#27]
Alright you maggots (I say that without regard to your g** damn feelings), I said I'd post a pic of an M9 UID barcode sticker for an issue M9, and here it is  

ANAD (Anniston Army Depot, Anniston AL) rebuild from 2008 (stampings rather crudely made into the left side of the frame forward of the trigger guard).  Slide, safety, hammer, trigger, magazine release button, disassembly latch, and trigger bar seemed to be coated with some sort of gray moly coat of some kind (very similar to the gray color anodizing of Colt M16A1s when they were still in production, or even Perma Slik G since it didn't seem very durable).  Hammer had a part number roll marked / stamped into the left side IIRC (partially visible while in uncocked position).  

Where the sticker was applied on the bottom of the dust cover of the frame seemed to have either black paint applied under it, or a sealer brush-painted over the sticker once it was applied.

Oh, and the grips were a pair of generic black plastic replacements without the Beretta logo.  

ETA:  I believe the sticker itself was 1.25 in long IIRC.

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Thank you guys. I really appreciate the support I have received from the various firearms communities. It means a lot. Especially being a gun guy myself, it is nice to have the support I have gotten. I have sent tags to the United Kingdon, Canada, and all across the US. It is humbling.
View Quote
It's the American way brother.  You provide a product and service in demand, and we pay you for it.  

Please let us know when you acquire the square UID stickers.  I look forward to ordering from you
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:53:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMCTanker] [#29]
Doubletap.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:56:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#30]
Attachment Attached File

Here's a small square sticker on a CQBR Block I upper at work. Not sure what its purpose is. First one I've come across. Most of these uppers just have the 4-digit CQBR barrel number copied with marker onto the upper. Many have RFID circular tags.

According to my Manatee Barcode Scanner it reads:
[)>12CAG 00074SER SWLSAW-A022539
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/13082/IMG-5529-237937.JPG
Here's a small square sticker on a CQBR Block I upper at work. Not sure what its purpose is. First one I've come across. Most of these uppers just have the 4-digit CQBR barrel number copied with marker onto the upper. Many have RFID circular tags.

View Quote
That was obviously done by a hung-over PVT that got hey-you'd at 1600 on a Friday.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Possibly! 
I don't recognize any of those fields in the barcode (not that I have much experience with UIDs). Google didn't come up with anything either. That serial number looks like it belongs to a Surefire light. Maybe the sticker came from a light. Who knows?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Wait, here's a clue: http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/UID/attachments/Tips%20on%20Constructing%20the%20UII.pdf
00074 is the CAGE code for BRACE TOOL AND MACHINE SHOP so that sticker probably came from some type of industrial saw (SWLSAW) with a serial of A022539.

This is a CAGE lookup tool: https://cage.dla.mil/search
Your hometown probably has a CAGE (mine does). They're used for federal grants.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Have four labels from Carolina laser works. Excellent product and quick shipping. Good to go in my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#35]
What is the part number for an M16A1?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
For the off brands out there...... We should start a list 

Cage codes
LRB
4WZ76

Bushmaster
7Z500

Bravo Company USA
342X6

Stag Arms
488B1

Aero Precision
0ZTJ5
View Quote
Brownells
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:39:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Bushmaster ain't "off list"

Now find me PWA.

Link Posted: 6/25/2017 3:16:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#39]
PWA is LMT now (3W544). Unlikely PWA ever had a CAGE.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#40]
67CS2 Mattel Inc.

Link Posted: 6/25/2017 3:31:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#41]
Originally Posted By Acetomco:
What is the part number for an M16A1?
View Quote
M16 was 8448600

XM177 (Colt Model 610) GAU-5/A part # J62700
XM177E1 (Colt Model 609) COMMANDO part # 8432404
XM177E2 (Colt Model 629) part # 8436751
GAU-5/A/A part # GAU5AA
GAU-5/P or GUU-5/P (14.5" upgrade, various) part # 61010
Colt Model 653 part # 653
Colt RO933 part # R0933
(Looks like Colt hit the easy button on part numbers). lol

My CQBR upper should be tagged part # 7520904 (NSN 1005-01-498-1913)
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#42]
7KB38 UMBRELLA CORPORATION / UMBRELLA BIOTECH http://umbrellabiotech.com/
6DBJ3
 UMBRELLA CORPORATION WEAPONS RESEARCH GROUP
38GV8 UMBRELLA CORP, THE / MOM'S LAUNDRY SERVICE
0HX14 OMNI CONSUMER PRODUCTS CORP http://www.omniconsumerproductscorporation.com/
FAS36 INTERNATIONAL GENETIC TECHNOLOGIES (InGen)
1WQ37 CYBERDYNE SYSTEMS CORP
7EWN1 SKYNET INC
09KL7 ACME FIREARMS

Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#43]
6DBJ3
0HX14 OMNI CONSUMER PRODUCTS CORP http://www.omniconsumerproductscorporation.com/
7EWN1 SKYNET INC
09KL7 ACME FIREARMS

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
6DBJ3
7EWN1 SKYNET INC
09KL7 ACME FIREARMS

IM8UP Any 80% build that didn't go well
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Wangstang:
Anyone know the part number for colt 9mm subguns?
View Quote
R0991 for NSN 1005-01-575-5656 (July 2009 and later) by Colt (CAGE 13629)
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:17:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#46]
Chad
@Charliedeltajuliet

How difficult would it be to alter your data matrix?
MIL-STD-130N specifies elements of the data matrix. The information is always one line, separated by data identifiers (17V, 1P, S).
They all start with [)> and 06 is the format indicator (data). Looks like 12 is another common format (text), which includes spaces, but the syntax is very specific.

If the numbers specified are CAGE 13629, part # 12972700, serial # LE123456, it should appear as:
[)>0617V136291P12972700SLE123456

Here's a format 12 (using obsolete format indicator DD) example on a SIG:

[)>DDMFR 1EF82PNO MK25SEQ UU697102

Yeah, I was pretty bored today. 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:33:38 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

More pics of that beautiful lower please!

Chad
@Charliedeltajuliet

How difficult would it be to alter your data matrix?
MIL-STD-130N specifies elements of the data matrix. The information is always one line, separated by data identifiers (17V, 1P, S).
They all start with [)> and 06 is the format indicator (data). Looks like 12 is another common format (text), which includes spaces, but the syntax is very specific.

If the numbers specified are CAGE 13629, part # 12972700, serial # LE123456, it should appear as:
[)>0617V136291P12972700SLE123456

Here's a format 12 (using obsolete format indicator DD) example on a SIG:
http://www.gunsandammo.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/service-auto-supreme-the-sig-sauer-mk25-review/sig-sauer-mk25_004.jpg
[)>DDMFR 1EF82PNO MK25SEQ UU697102

Yeah, I was pretty bored today. 
Chad,

It'd probably be a good idea to incorporate the part numbers for commonly requested guns on your site. For example list the part numbers for:

M4
M4A1
M16A4

The clone weenies can put together a list of the more uber-leet clones too.

Maybe common CAGE codes too.  Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:00:05 AM EDT
[#48]
To answer the first question, it wouldn't be hard to modify the data matrix string at all. I would be more than happy to do it.

The second question. Yeah, I really think I will do that this week. Thank you for the idea.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Anyone know CAGE number for Daniel Defense (CQBR) or Spikes?  (I know I know lol). My Mk18-ish build is on a Spikes lower and DD upper :p
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By jsstritz:
Anyone know CAGE number for Daniel Defense (CQBR) or Spikes?  (I know I know lol). My Mk18-ish build is on a Spikes lower and DD upper :p
View Quote
DD 3E3E2. Don't see one for Spikes, but I didn't look too hard.
Page / 11
UID stickers (Page 2 of 11)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top